Practicing waxing??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
I have just completed my speed waxing course and I am dying to get stuck in and get some volunteers lined up to practice while I have the techniques in my mind. However, my room isnt even built yet! I was going to buy the hive heaters and the wax etc, but do I really need to have a couch? I havent really decidedd on what couch I want, I keep changing between hydraulic and portable, I am not really sure how much room I am going to have. is there something I can make do with in the time being? any sugestions?

A portable massage bed/couch is doable. xoxo

ideally i dont want to buy a couch yet until i see my room so what i really need to know is what can i make do with in the meantime?

Honestly - get a second hand one... then re-sell later if you don't need it...

You do NOT want to be bending over people and putting your back out and by the same token your clients won't be wanting to be laid on the floor! It's not a major investment to get a second hand one (try gumtree) and if I was paying someone to wax any part of me I'd expect a couch... I would not be impressed if asked to hop on a sofa or table or lie on the floor... in fact I'd say thanks but no thanks - it would simply be too unprofessional if I was paying anyone.

Seriously you need a couch, portable if mobile. No couch meaning extended insurance if you get any wax on people items etc xoxo

Thanks for the replies girls. You are totally right. I never thought about insurancr not covering it. Off to eBay to find a second hand couch. I've tried gumtree but not many in north east. Also.talking about practicing do u advertise on gumtree asking for volunteers and do u think I should practice for free or a reduced rate? Thanks for the advice x

Thanks for the replies girls. You are totally right. I never thought about insurancr not covering it. Off to eBay to find a second hand couch. I've tried gumtree but not many in north east. Also.talking about practicing do u advertise on gumtree asking for volunteers and do u think I should practice for free or a reduced rate? Thanks for the advice x

Reduced rate to cover costs :)
I guess you could advertise on there and say models wanted, special rates available?! X

Reduced rate to cover costs :)
I guess you could advertise on there and say models wanted, special rates available?! X

kizzy drop me a pm if you still need models.... am pretty defuzzed at the minute but give it a couple of weeks and you can have my legs if you like!! (And there's plenty of them to get... see body wrap thread! :lol:)

xx

kizzy drop me a pm if you still need models.... am pretty defuzzed at the minute but give it a couple of weeks and you can have my legs if you like!! (And there's plenty of them to get... see body wrap thread! :lol:)

xx

OOh thank you Tracy. I have just ordered my hive heaters earlier today but Im struggling to find a website to order the PR wax from. so i just need my bed and my wax then Im good to defuzz you! thanks so much

PR wax u can get from Beauty express hun, or I also believe Thalgo distribute it but I've always got mine from B.E.
Good luck
🌸

PR wax u can get from Beauty express hun, or I also believe Thalgo distribute it but I've always got mine from B.E.
Good luck
��

yes thank you I seen it on Beauty express site, but I also wanted to buy the jasmine oil, the after wax gel , the moisture lotion and the blue lotion. Beauty express only seemed to see the 1litre bottles of the jasmine oil and the blue lotion and the moisture lotion and i couldnt see the after wax gel. I just wanted to buy the latter in a smaller volume. the bottles we used on the course were only about 400ml big. and i remember kim saying it would cost approx £6 and the 1 litre is 3 times that.
thanks x

Last edited:
Yes ur right u can only get the bigger sizes I just decant them into smaller glass bottles with a soap pump top! Looks nicer on my trolley than the big bottles! Was abit pricier but I ordered on a VAT free day to which saved abit and they last forever! Just an idea hun!
🌸

Yes ur right u can only get the bigger sizes I just decant them into smaller glass bottles with a soap pump top! ��

What a great idea! thanks x

Latest posts

Back