Help! LA Tanning colour guide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohlalabeauty

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been experimenting with my LA Tanning sample 12 on myself this evening.

I'm a bit worried as the colour guide is a lot darker than what I'm used too, does anyone have a idea how many shades roughly will wash off in the morning?

Thank you :)

Kathleen

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337199836.584636.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337199836.584636.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 238
Don't worry, i've recently done the same an had a bit of a panic! Fortunately the guide colour is a lot darker than the tan you're left with. I can't really explain it in terms of % shade from guide to actual, but i tried the 10% at the weekend and it's a lovely natural colour.
Do you have trouble tanning yourself? I found it a bit of a nightmare getting the gun far enough away from my body! But even with several splatter marks on my legs, the actual colour once i washed the guide off is great x

Ooh thank you - I'm just having a panic as its reeeaaaalllyyy dark lol probably as I sprayed myself and was rather close up! Lol

But yes, I do find it rather difficult to spray myself! Lol x

LA tan's guide colour is double dipped, meaning it looks a lot darker than the shade that the tan will turn out :)

Thank you pink fairy! I'm just worried about how dark I am right now lol x

It'll be lovely when you wash it off, don't worry x

Phew!! Thank you :) x

I'm thinking about purchasing LA Tanning solution and would be interested to see the end result of this :biggrin:

I was really worried when I first used this on my willing guinea pigs as, like you say, the guide is sooo dark. On that basis I discounted stocking it. However after sampling lots of other solutions I had a change of heart! The fade of is great compared to other brands and the tan colour is great.

I stock it alongside another brand for clients that prefer a golden Tan or would be horrified by the guide colour! Some of my clients LOVE the dark guide and it actually is a positive for my business!

Yep the guide colour is really quite dark. A lot of my clients love the guide colour though, and I occasionally get girls who are disappointed when it washes off lighter even though I explain that this will happen and they still have a lovely tan underneath!

All of LA tans 'normal' solutions (NOT the GOLD range) have the same double dip guide colour, so the 10% and the 18% (Disco) all have the same guide colour.

If 40/50ml of solution is applied then the guide isn't too dark initially and many people don't think they are that dark (until they look at their tan line lol) the colour at wash off time is very dark though and I always warm my clients, even regular tanners, that the colour may be a shock but when washed off the tan will be fabulous.

I've had a few texts from clients the morning after saying things like 'my gosh I thought you were exagerating about my colour at wash off time but you weren't, after my shower it's fab like you said it would be' & 'I nearly died when I looked in the mirror this morning then I remembered what you said and tried not to panic, love the colour now I've showered'.

Hope you like the colour when it's washed off.

Latest posts

Back