Gutted...does this sound like a reaction to Flirties glue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmizzbest

Reaction score
Hi peeps
I've been using Flirties expert strength for about 4-5 months now (previously used odour free) and I love the results it gives and the speed. It's taken me a good 18-24 months to perfect my work (not saying its perfect), but I've built up a regular clientele and good reputation.

For about the last 2 weeks when I have used it during the day I am finding a few hours later that my nose is very congested, my eyes dry and I sneeze a lot.

I have tried using a mask but I just find it too hot and claustrophobic and have had the window open and a bowl of water near the glue.

Lashing is about 75% of my day to day business at the moment and if this carries on I am going to have to return to odourless glue, which means longer to dry and sets and infills take longer, plus I won't be able to offer really full glamour sets as it will take too long. This will be a real backward step.

Have many other people experienced this...does it sound like a progressive allergy?

Can anyone suggest another glue maybe?

If I can't find a solution, think I will need to do offer something else that brings clients back regularly.

Any advice from fellow lashers much needed and appreciated.

Xxx

it does unfortunately. poor you ! if you look on lashbase website they have more information about the symptoms etc and they might be able to advise.

could it be anything else at all? not a new perfume? product? air freshener etc etc?

have you tried any others? do they do the same?

It does sound like a reaction :-(

But it may just mean you need to try a new glue, as I use Flirties and am fine, but the lady who does mine uses Lashbase I think and this makes my nose stuffy for a while afterwards.

x

I think Elliebee on salon geek has a similar problem to this (I'm sure I've read that before) maybe get in contact with her & see what she suggests for you. x

Thanks for replies everyone. I'm going to do some investigating and also contact elliebee to see how she got on.

Am so gutted but these symptoms are horrible and not worth the suffering to health.

Xxxxxx

Yeah I met elliebee through the week and I'm sure she said she wears goggles, gloves and a mask lol! But she is still lashing so that must have helped her. Contact her for more info, she's ever so helpful :)

Latest posts

Back