Massage course, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki8484

Reaction score
Hi peeps need some advice I'm after a massage course I'm level 2 qualified already just want to learn massage and was looking for like the quickest route really like a couple of days course if anybody could recommend any I know it will cost me quite a bit but so eager to do it :)

While there are many short courses available, you can't learn massage in a couple of days. These courses don't meet national occupational standards even though they may be accredited by some PAs. It is well worth investing in proper massage training. You will be taught proper posture and body mechancs which will enable you to carry on massaging for many years, not to mention giving a better treatment that will keep clients. ;)

Last edited:
Agreed - in fact one of my regular clients is a 'massage therapist' who did a one day course and due to improper practice has wrecked her back. Definitely worth taking the time and investing in a properly recognised qualification.

Totally agree, there are so many aspects to learn that simply learning just how to do a massage is not enough.

Nothing to add that hasn't already been said really but take it from a LMT you can't learn massage in 2 days.

If you are prepared to invest in it and you said you were, please get decent training. Being skilled in massage will set you above a lot of the mediocre massage out there.

Totally agree, you cant even cover the A & P in a couple of days. Do yourself a favour and find a great course or you wont enjoy doing the treatments as you wont feel knowledgable enough.

Thanks for the advice but my question was does anybody know any of the courses to go on that are good please ?

Thanks for the advice but my question was does anybody know any of the courses to go on that are good please ?

I think the point is that there are no massage courses that are two days that are any good! ;-) x

You aren't getting the answers you want because simply there are no good 2 day courses to learn massage.

You are getting advice here from experts in the field and also some of the top Massage Therapists on this forum, we are passionate about what we do so try to help and educate as that is what the forum is all about.

Sorry I can't help you with a two day course as I wouldn't even entertain that as a starting point so know nothing about them. However once you have a knowledge and the skills then short courses are great for learning new skills in that particular field or enhancing your training.

I don't want you to think we are all jumping on you here it is just something to think about.

Good luck with it all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back