First tanning party - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireL

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Ive got my first spray tanning party for 5 on Friday evening EKK Ive sent out the pre and post care sheet and asked anyone who has skin diseases or open wounds etc to contact me before Friday

I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand with my ordering and if Ive got this right and any tips:

I was thinking get there say hello etc
Set up in kitchen/bathroom etc whist they are filling out the consultation cards
All of these ladies havn't had a tan before so I was going to have a quick chat with them about whats going to happen etc
I am planning on taking the lightest tans first
Do the tan
Have a quick look in the natural light
Do the next tan
Go over post tan advice with them all
Pack up and go home

Does this sound about right?

Hi Geeks

Ive got my first spray tanning party for 5 on Friday evening EKK Ive sent out the pre and post care sheet and asked anyone who has skin diseases or open wounds etc to contact me before Friday

I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand with my ordering and if Ive got this right and any tips:

I was thinking get there say hello etc
Set up in kitchen/bathroom etc whist they are filling out the consultation cards
All of these ladies havn't had a tan before so I was going to have a quick chat with them about whats going to happen etc
I am planning on taking the lightest tans first
Do the tan
Have a quick look in the natural light
Do the next tan
Go over post tan advice with them all
Pack up and go home

Does this sound about right?

Perfect... Don't forget to give out business cards when going through aftercare ;) x

P.S. Enjoy and good luck!!! You'll love it :) x

Thanks

I thought that was the logical way to do it but wanted to run it past more experienced geeks!

Im really scared! LOL Ive done three of my friends before back to back but never paying customers!!

Im sure itll be fine! (fingers crossed!)

Hiya!

something i find helpful and also time saving is to alloacte "drying room" then when u have finished the next person the you are spraying the one in the room will be dry this lets you have a quick look then just switch untill they are all done and dry :) hth! x

I did my first one last week. I went through the aftercare advice while I was spraying. I found they listened better as they talked a lot between them. I was repeating myself a lot! I also didn't actually give them a choice in spray %. None of them had tanned before so I gave them all a 10% which I find is a good general tan. Obviously if I had had someone really pale or dark I would have done it differently. They must be pleased as they rebooked the next day! Oh and your arms will ache!!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

Hi

Thank you for everyones replies - just thought Id update how it went not long got home very happy :)

Customers enjoyed they said they were all very impressed with the tan but also how I explained it all (most of them had never had a spray tan before) one girl had to pull out yesterday tho :(

My timings were 1 hour 40 mins start to end for 4 customers - how do you think I did time wise?

Thanks again for everyones help!

congratulations on yuor first spray tan party. I think an hour and 40 seems a little bit on the lengthy side for 4 people, but for your first attempt this is great, once you get in a routine and have a few of them you will probalby get this down a bit. I know it is sometimes tricky, i know when i have been to do parties, the best laid plans go out the window. you get there "oh jane wont be here for another half hour", "sandra has to go first coz she has to go to work", lisa's son is crying round her feet so her turn has to forgo and do someone else. ive also been when the girls have also had a nail tecch and a hairdresser colouring their hair, so you may have a plan of how you are going to do it which would logically be, arrive, talk through the process, determine who is having which percent, put the girls in order of who to spray first, ,but in my experience this never happens. i always have to go through everythign for each individual. anyway good luck and here is to the first of many - oh and expect your legs to acheeeeeeeeee tomorrow, you will move and think, have i been to the gym? nope, you just did a lot of squats last night lol

Hi

Thanks for the comments Kizzycat! I definitely did ache! lol Im going to try get my timings down to 15 minutes so I need to be ten minutes quicker!!

xx

Latest posts

Back