Metal wax spatulas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcouture

Reaction score
I have seen a few people mention these and wondered what the pros and cons were? Also i thought you couldnt keep dipping a spatula into the wax due to hygiene reasons so how would this work?where is the best place to buy them?sorry for all the questions :)

You can buy metal spatulas from Thalgo. Ellisons also sometimes stock them.
Thanks Jack

Thanks jack,do you use them?im hoping someone can give me their opinion on them :)

I don't use them but you will have to clean the metal spatular after each client x

I have a load of metal spatulas and I keep a empty tin full of solvent and I place all the spatulas in here and at the end of the day the solvent has dissolved the wax so then its much easier to clean them properly.
I prefer to use metal spatulas for all my strip waxing and find I get a better and thinner spead of wax on the body and I find them great for speed waxing.
There are therapists that use them and there are therapists that dont..

Jack

Can I ask what solvent you use?!

I use them also and LOVE them. Wouldnt go back to wooden ones now but always struggle to get all the wax off before sterilising!

So you dont have to wipe them between each dip in the pot?

I only use them for warm wax, ie legs etc so you wouldnt use a new wooden one each time.

I dont use mine for hot wax.

If you use a wax strip and wipe them firmly while they are still warm at the end of a wax and then put a little alcohol on a piece of couch roll or pad the rest of the wax will wipe clean away. This is the easiest and cheapest way I have found although I do know a lot of therapists do as Jack does. :D

Can I ask what solvent you use?!

I use them also and LOVE them. Wouldnt go back to wooden ones now but always struggle to get all the wax off before sterilising!
Zoerose,

I use the solvent from PR as I use their wax.
They sell two sizes; the standard 250ml which is great for cleaning the trolley etc as you go along and they also have a 2 litre bottle which I use.

I keep the tin full of solvent and just top it up every now and again and I have a spray bottle of solvent which is great for misting the floor if you get any wax spills etc..

I have also used the wax equipment cleaner from Salons Direct and filled a empty tin with this but I prefer the PR solvent.

Jack

Zoerose,

I use the solvent from PR as I use their wax.
They sell two sizes; the standard 250ml which is great for cleaning the trolley etc as you go along and they also have a 2 litre bottle which I use.

I keep the tin full of solvent and just top it up every now and again and I have a spray bottle of solvent which is great for misting the floor if you get any wax spills etc..

I have also used the wax equipment cleaner from Salons Direct and filled a empty tin with this but I prefer the PR solvent.

Jack

Thanks Jack

I use PR also, love it, havent tried their solvent but shall do now!

Thankyou

I think I'm going to get a couple of spatulas and solvent next time I order from Thalgo . I've been watching speed waxing vids on you tube and loads of people use metal/plastic spatulas.

X

I use the PR solvent as well. It removes wax off everything except my clothes! WD40 gets it off though!

I use the PR solvent as well. It removes wax off everything except my clothes! WD40 gets it off though!

Do it dissolve it properly off carpet? I have a dark patch now where wax has been dropped and cleaned but it's left a sticky residue :(

Do it dissolve it properly off carpet? I have a dark patch now where wax has been dropped and cleaned but it's left a sticky residue :(

Try baby oil and baby wipes..hth :biggrin:

Lycon use metal spatulas for there strip wax. Love them. They retain the heat & therefore you get a thinner spread of wax; economical & less painful :)

I just wipe mine afterwards with wax remover & sterilise

Lycon use metal spatulas for there strip wax. Love them. They retain the heat & therefore you get a thinner spread of wax; economical & less painful :)

I just wipe mine afterwards with wax remover & sterilise

What do you sterilise them with please?

Not to throw a spanner in the works but I don't think they are hygienic at all. I would never double dip a spatula weather it be for legs or face or whatever. Once a spatula touches someones skin it goes in the bin.

Am just wondering how you could do this with a metal spatula? Not judging but just cant get my head around it.xxx

This is also what i am trying to understand as i always thought you dont double dip.surely you would have to wipe it between each dip?

Well I wax with them and cover a full area. If I have to redo an area I've already waxed I use a wooden one. And that's what Kim Lawless does as she teaches it, and alot of other professionals on here do the same I've read. I clean it at the end once im finished and only use them for legs and backs an chests so it's not like its being used on underarms or labias.

You have cleansed the persons skin so it's fine. If you don't want to do it then that's cool to use the wooden ones but it's hardly going to kill someone.

:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back