Refused to spray tan a sunburnt client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkfairy

Reaction score
Evening geeks, after a but of reassurance really, just had a regular come to me for a spray tan and after she undressed and I came back into the room I discovered she was quite badly sunburnt on her shoulders, neck, face and top of her back and terribly on her feet, to the point where the skin is slightly swollen and definitely going to peel.

I explained that I wouldn't be able to treat her and suggested she go home, apply after sun and aloe vera gel, cool shower, etc. and we could reassess the situation in the morning and use a rapid tan on her if her skin has settled down.

Please tell me I've done the right thing or how you would of handled the situation. X

Yes def done the right thing. It will only peel and look awful x

Thank you, you know those moments where you doubt yourself?
Just read my post back and if I hadn't of written it I would definitely be commenting telling the poster that they were right lol x

Even if you had of done it, it would only have lasted a day or so and peeled like Shelleyboo said.
So, if anything, you saved her money :)
x

What do you ladies think about spraying her tomorrow? I know obviously there will be issues with tan lines and if she is peeling I definitely won't treat her, but if her skin has settled, would you?
Thank you for taking the time to reply x

If she's burnt that badly, i'm not sure i would spray tomorrow either. You definitely did the right thing. x

If she's burnt that badly, i'm not sure i would spray tomorrow either. You definitely did the right thing. x

Yeah, I think you're right, I'll just explain to her again that I can't treat her.
Thanks again everyone for your replies, I love being able to ask opinions on here as I work by myself so haven't got anyone to reassure me when I have a daft moment lol x

Latest posts

Back