Refectocil bleaching paste

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
Has anyone used this and got good results on naturally very dark brows?

I'm getting my hair lightened soon but my brows are very dark, pretty much black. In the book it says it will lighten up to 3 shades but I don't want to end up with orangy/red brows, just a lighter brown.

Also as I work in a hair salon if I know it can work well it'll be a great add on service to the hair clients too :)

Lighten them, them tint them with say a light brown, but only leave it on for a minute as it will grab the colour and you'll be back to square on.

Thanks Kim. How long would you say I need to leave the bleaching paste on for?

You may go orange as it only lightens 3 shades - so more than 1 application may be needed. Leave on according to manufacturers instructions. Then try a light brown, a smidge of grey mixed in will knock out some of the warmth.

So basically I can apply it til I get it light enough to colour with the light brown? So sounds good as my black brows really won't go with my new lovely golden (grey hiding) hair :D

I have used it on my friend on sunday as she wanted to lighten her brows to blonde colour (from black). So I put the bleaching paste on for 20 mins and her brows went really light, there was like white and yellow colour. So I put light brown dye on only for about 10 secs (!) just as I put it on and wash off straight away and the results was brown (not even close to light brown but not too dark neither). Good job she still liked the colour cause at least it's not black anymore, but we're going to try and lighten them again next time.. Let us know about your results xxx

Sometimes you may need to apply the bleaching paste a few times and you need to keep an eye on it.
I happen to think that darker brows look better with blonde hair than lighter brows so maybe give yourself time to get used used to them first :D

Sometimes you may need to apply the bleaching paste a few times and you need to keep an eye on it.
I happen to think that darker brows look better with blonde hair than lighter brows so maybe give yourself time to get used used to them first :D

Really? I've never gone light before so I have no idea how its going to look! Again my natural hair colour is nearly black but the plentiful amount of grey coming through has prompted me to do something :(

I'm going light brown with caramel blond foils in the t section, so not totally blonde, will see how the brows look then :)

Thanks Kim. How long would you say I need to leave the bleaching paste on for?
You should always follow the manufacturers instructions, but it'll stop working anyway after a while. Have a read of the leaflet. x

Really? I've never gone light before so I have no idea how its going to look! Again my natural hair colour is nearly black but the plentiful amount of grey coming through has prompted me to do something :(

I'm going light brown with caramel blond foils in the t section, so not totally blonde, will see how the brows look then :)

Absolutely. Which one looks better to you?

Attachments

• gwen.jpg
    gwen.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 4,372
Absolutely. Which one looks better to you?

You're right!!! lol

Will see how I look then, and as long as it's not stupid I might keep them as they are :green:

Here is a pic of Gwen with even darker brows. I think if you have a nice shape then they look much better dark : )

Attachments

• gwen1.jpg
    gwen1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 305
That one looks really good actually!

Latest posts

Back