Lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nhiggs

Reaction score
I'm after some info , I did my fx lash course yesterday , and I'm feeling a little down , as I found it really difficult , I'm struggling with holding the tweezers with my left hand , only managed 4 lashes on each eye, any adv ease thanks x z

I was pretty much the same after my course, but I've been practising and practising and it really does get easier!

I came on here a couple of weeks ago because I'd been doing lashes on a friend (only my third practise) but after 3.5 hours, I still hadn't done a complete set and I felt really down about it.

EllieBee gave me some great advice for practising....stay short! It really works, although it doesn't give that long lushes look that I'm ultimately aiming for (for those clients who want it), it gives a great base for getting the technique right. It still gives a lovely full look to the lashes, which the people I've done it one have really liked!

Along with this tip, someone else said to just do two hours, stopping after this time. Which was another good one.

So that's what I've been doing, 2 hours of short lashes...and I'm getting there. I did 20 each side yesterday! :D

I can't wait for the day I'm quick enough to use expert glue, I do think I spend half my time puffing the glue dry:|

I was the same, i think most people are but you will get there.

Sharp tweezers are particulary helpful for me

Apart from what has been said above and all the advise already on other posts, the main piece of advise I can give you is to be patient and practice a lot.
Eyelashes may look easy when watching a trained technician, but there is an art to it and it is tricky to master - including holding the tweezers simultaneously.

You will get there honey.
x

I am right handed but I separate with my right and apply with my left so try swapping hands to see what work a best for you. As the other geeks have said it is practice, practice, practice. Xxx

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

I am right handed but I separate with my right and apply with my left so try swapping hands to see what work a best for you. As the other geeks have said it is practice, practice, practice. Xxx

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

Im right handed & tried this way at first & couldn't get on with it, I now just isolate with both hands, hold isolated lash still with left & apply with right feels loads better for me this way xx

I just did my very first practise set tonight omg took me 2 hours just to get these on and I kept getting glue on the other lashes night mare lol will have to keep practising! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338327715.764667.jpg

I was exactly the same I used to want to cry whilst doing a set. As much as I hated her for it at the time my ex-boss told me I had to do them I had no option she paid for the course. I was allowed two hours to complete a set. She threw me in at the deep end and i now can't thank her enough over time I really improved I'm now one of the busiest in the area :)

Cazz , them lashes are fab well done, done a few day practicing on false lashes stuck on a box to try and get the technique , practice practice practice , thanks all 😍

Do not let it get you down! Practise practise practise! I nearly gave up! Do glad I didn't!

When I was at the nec last month I came across a stand called secret lashes
SECRET LASHES UK - Eyelash Extensions Semi-Permanent Lashes
They have a practice head on the above link, now, I've not done a lashes course, I bought some x tweezers from them and got given a face masque which was pretty darn good, it was a lash lady who told me to go there, she says their stock is really good, delivery brilliant and customer service is great. I mention the head because I know how useful my training hand has been, they don't get tired don't blink, sneeze need coffee or the loo. So the head might be the way to go?
As I said, I haven't done the lash course, but I have had to learn how to put cluster lashes on, could I hell as like get the hang of it, college client told me to get a cheep set of false strip lashes and practice putting cluster lashes on them and it worked. So maybe that would help, if you anchored the strip lash into blue tack to keep it still then you could work with both hands to add the single lashes?
Hope some of that helps, it's something I really want to do so please anyone who has tips or who finds what I've said does or doesn't work, could you put it here, for my research as well as others:)

This sounds awful OP :0( you must contact your trainer and ask to go back in so she can watch you and show you where you are going wrong.

You shouldn't be paying for tuition JUST on the course, it should be aftercare as well. I'm always available for my students if they find them selves in A "sticky" situation (lol)

This is a difficult art to master, it's. It easy and takes lots of practice and good tuition.

Don't flounder about in the dark, call them and get more help xxxx

Latest posts

Back