Proud...ish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
Okay so I just did my first PROPER paying customer spray tan.. And I have mixed feelings.

When I done my training, I found that I was getting a lot of beading and running which of course terrified me. The instructor was very patient and fixed my gun settings and told me to watch my distance and speed. I got better and passed the course.

I done my friend the next day as a total guinea pig and found the same happened, and that I used a lot of solution up. I consulted my manual and really got my head in the game.

Today I had my first paying customer, and her tan was basically perfect! I almost forgot to do the inside of her thighs (oops) but I remembered and she looked great!

Apart from one patch on the back of her knee which would NOT hold any tan. I asked her I she had moisturiser on and she said no. So, I dabbed and dabbed and reapplied a light mist but no success, the same happened! I eventually got my fake tan mitt and applied solution to that and it done the trick. I know I can't do this as it is unhygenic and unprofessional but I didnt know what else to do! And I used about 200ml solution, which I know is too much!

Other than that I am very proud of the results. Any advice or constructive criticism welcome!!

X

what machine have you got & what tan do you use? x

Maximist lite and Suntana x

Well done, unfortunately we do come across all sorts of "Glitches" You did well trying to overcome the problem. It is strange that just one area was not taking to the tan. I dont have any suggestions as to why it would happen. I would expect that it has some sort of barrier there, moisturiser or something similar.
I occassionally tan people who have white patches due to hormonal issues and they need tan applied by hand on the white patches. I usually buy the little make up sponges sort of triangular in shape if you know what I mean. If I need to use then they come straight out of an unopened pack so I they only get used on one client then discarded.

I wouldnt worry about using the mitt, if that was all that worked, you overcame the problem and left the the customer happily tanned

She said her tan was perfect except for a streak at her knee. So I'm moderately happy but can't wait to perfect my tanning x

First of all well done! It sounds like even tho you had the issue with the knee you are sounding very positive about it and that's good!

This won't help with the White patch issue but just thought I would say that when my husband sprayed me the other day I had a White streak under my arm that he kept going over and it just wouldn't tan! I had to tell him to stop in the end. Obviously I know how to prep for a tan so can honestly say I have NO idea why this happened. Just one of those things I guess. The sponge triangle idea is a good one, I have never dabbed tan on anyone but great idea for if u ever need to.

200ml is A LOT of solution :) maybe try turning your gun down a bit. Do you also stand quite far away? I'm just thinking maybe you're loosing a lot of solution because it's missing the customer and spraying more inside the tent. If your gun is turned low enough then you should be able to hold your gun about a hands width away from the body without it looking wet and definitely not running.

Keep practising & keep positive - it really helps xx

Hi guys just a quick update..

I done another lovely customer today And the tan was much better! Still a wee dribble at the back of the knee but I fixed it fairly easily this time.

I only used about 100ml solution and my client was very happy! She even gave me a tip, which absolutely made my day!

So happy that I finally feel like I'm moving forward :)

X

Latest posts

Back