Anyone have their spray gun turned down below 6?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Hiya

Well last night, for the first time ever, I found as I was setting up my tent that I wasn't feeling that nervous about tanning . . . . this is after about 30 tans:o

It's all feeling a bit more natural now. Not quite "do it with my eyes closed" yet lol, but the stress has kind of gone out of it - yippee!!

However I'm still finding I'm using about 75ml of solution. I stand quite close now and have the gun 6/7" away from the client and presently have my gun set at 6. Should I turn it down a bit more?

Anybody have theirs turned down more than that?

(I use the HVLP machine from nouvatan with their solution)

thanksx

The reason you might be using too much soluition could be as they your gun settings might be too high. Try turning it down to around 4, and testing the spray on some coach roll. Remembering that you are only looking for a light mist. :)
Hope this helps
Trinitia xxx

I use Nouvatan and i have the 5008 gun. 😄

If 12 is gun closed i only turn mine back to between 8 and 9, check on some salon roll and turn down more if needed. I did a 8% tan yesterday and my gun was set to 10 😳! Not sure if the warm weather had anything to do with it??

X

I have the TS50. I sprayed 2 models last weekend and had my gun setting on 3. I noticed alot of overspray and both tans came out patchy. It was very hot in the houses and maybe their sweat was affecting the tan. I used alot of solution too. I start renting a room at a salon this weekend doing spray tans and I'm really nervous :eek:

I use nouvatan And have the ts20 n mine is set between 8 and 9 and find it so much better i use about 50ml per tan x

What number your gun is set to will depend on many things.

What gun you have - the new helia gun (with actual numbers on it), the 5008 gun (which you imagine the numbers of a clock on) or a totally different gun.

Also how fast you move & what solution you use will affect what setting your gun needs to be on for it's best performance. If it is the helia gun then how tight or loose the front section is screwed on makes a difference to what number it needs to be on too.

Here is a thread explaining what I mean about the Helia gun in more detail:
http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/174207-ts-50-gun-useful-information.html

I have the 5008 gun, where you imagine the clock thingy

I used to have it on 7 and was advised to turn it back to a 6 so presumably if I I turn it to an 8 or 9 as some folk do on here, isn't it going to let out even more spray? I was thinking of maybe a 4 or 5? :confused:

I have never cleaned the gun yet, scared to death of doing it. Could this have a bearing on anything?

I have the 5008 gun, where you imagine the clock thingy

I used to have it on 7 and was advised to turn it back to a 6 so presumably if I I turn it to an 8 or 9 as some folk do on here, isn't it going to let out even more spray? I was thinking of maybe a 4 or 5? :confused:

I have never cleaned the gun yet, scared to death of doing it. Could this have a bearing on anything?

turn it so it won't close anymore, (I have this dial on mine btw) then turn it backwards so anti clockwise to were an 8 or a 9 would be on a clock face (you have to imagine the numbers as obviously with this machine/gun the numbers aren't really there) no it doesn't let more spray out it lets less out & will dramatically reduce your usage, if you have it set at 6 like you mentioned there's no wonder your getting through lots of tan, turn it back you'll be pleased you did x

oh ok, i'll give it a go. Thank you x

I have the new helia gun, have only been spray tanning for a few months, have got my gun set too 3 but noticed I was using a lot of solution

after reading through some threads on here, instead of changing my settings i tightened up the front screw of my gun, i did a tan today and used less than 50 ml of solution result!!

Latest posts

Back