Gun nozzle setting...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemjem33

Reaction score
Just a quick one I had my tan training the other week, I feel confident and my tans so far and when practicing before have been great. But I think when I trained she changed my gun... Should the nozzle bit at the end be flat or upright.. As in 12-6 or 9-3 if that makes sense. I spray up and down? I think it's right just want to be sure x

If you spray up and down it should be 12 and 6 :)

X

This is a screen grab from the Aviva Labs Virtual Learning Centre. Should help.

picture.php

That would be 9-3 going of the screen shot? I have it set to 12-6 at the min? My teacher set it to like 2-7 but I didn't feel it was right and now I'm confused arghhhhh

That would be 9-3 going of the screen shot? I have it set to 12-6 at the min? My teacher set it to like 2-7 but I didn't feel it was right and now I'm confused arghhhhh
The Aviva site is explaining the spray pattern shape as horizontal or vertical - they are not saying that 12-6 or 9-3 is how you should set it if you spray your client horizontal or vertical.

You would want the spray to be wide and short in height (their horizontal spray pattern) for up down (Vertical) spraying and you would want tall thin spray (their vertical spray pattern) if you were spraying from side to side (horizontal).

So 12-6 is for spraying your client up & down (vertical) and 9-3 is for spraying your clients side to side (horizontal).

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Thanks.... Took another look with your explanation and noticed the drawings! Stupid me! Cleared it up now thank you x

Latest posts

Back