Party lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joannalou

Reaction score
hi
i went to a new salon yesterday to have some party lashes put on for the weekend celebrations--- however the lady taped down my lower lashes with what i think was masking tape?? this irritated my eyelid when they were closed and i did mention this to her,so she tried to relocate the tape to make it more comfortable but as the tape seems so thick it just carried on rubbing!! so this morning i look under my lid (as it feel sore:sad:) and it is slightly red and seems to ahve a little scratch-- before i go back to the salon to complain is this the norm with these lashes a huge chunk of very sticky masking tape to hold lower lashes in place???? sorry for long post lol!!

Hi

A lot of us lash extentionists use tape to hold the lower lashes down. I like to use gel pads over the top to make it a little comfier.

It seems like an unfortunate accident that this lady has managed to scratch your lower lid.
By all means go back and speak to the salon if it is something you feel should be done and if it is quite bad then yes do.
What would you hope to get out of it or would you just like to make them aware of what's happened?

Xx

thanks for your reply-- I am just a little bit upset as to the lack of consideration,, clients being comfortable is one of my prioirties and it was a very expensive set of party lashes at £25 and one has come away this morning!! I guess thats what happens when I book late haha!! Ba ck to my usual salon me thinks!!x

I would go back or call them up at least and let them know what happened - see what they say.
If a client of mine called and a lash had already come out - I personally would go back and put it back in. I know I get at least a week with mine so I wouldn't be happy for one to come out that early!

But yes you're right. Client comfort is very important. I always ask my clients if it all feels ok once I've put the pads on and re-arrange it until they are comfy

Xx

Hi,

In your first post you state that you told the therapist that you were uncomfortable, she then re-arranged the tape to rectify this, hardly a lack of consideration as you then state in your second post.

I'd put it down to an unfortunate accident and move on.

X

Hi,

In your first post you state that you told the therapist that you were uncomfortable, she then re-arranged the tape to rectify this, hardly a lack of consideration as you then state in your second post.

I'd put it down to an unfortunate accident and move on.

X

I agree. x

OP I'd give a quick call about the lash coming out, more than likely the salon will fix it for you. x

Latest posts

Back