Bad reaction to waxing-help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexy

Reaction score
I have a client who has had bad reaction to leg waxing. I use Perron rigot blue wax. She has come up with painful large whiteheads in places where she has been waxed. She did rub her legs with paper towel to remove excess oil so it wouldn't stain her trousers. Could it be that? Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

That particular wax is hypo-allergenic, so unlikely to be the wax. Might be a sweat rash or just one of those things. There isn't always an answer. Were they on the inner thighs where her legs rubbed together? X

It sounds like she has ingrown hairs. Sometimes when people have thick dark hair (usually happens in the bikini area) and if you shave alot you can react with ingrown hairs. It is common if this is her first or second wax.

Best way to remove/prevent in grown hairs is to exfoliate. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate.

:)

Without seeing it it could be ingrown hairs, or it could be a reaction - you could suggest she speaks to her pharmacist about antihistamines - you can't tell her to take them but suggest she discusses their potential benefits in her case with a qualified medical professional...

Has she ever been waxed before? Has she ever reacted like this before? PR is very unlikely to cause a reaction - as mentioned it's designed to be hypoallergenic... there is no perfume etc in it.

Other than that recommend the usual after care :) Exfoliate (gently in her case as the spots have already come up :( ) and use a teatree moisturiser - bathing in a warm (not hot) bath with dead sea salts might also help (moisturise after!)

I'm confused! I thought you meant that she came back to show you the next day. How long after the waxing?

Latest posts

Back