Waxing mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautytreats75

Reaction score
Can someone pleeease help!

Im a mobile therapist. I transport my wax pot in a plastic box in the boot of my car. This is fine until i use the wax and then put it back in the car hot and runny. I try and keep the pot no more than half full, but it still spills over. I must spend 3/4 days a week cleaning it all out!!! Its driving me insaine!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

This is one reason why I stopped offering waxing as a mobile treatment
x

So do you just offer it from home or not at all?

I wax mobile and heat my wax before I leave home too - never had any spill?? I use hive heaters and don't exactly hang about when driving so not sure how you manage to get wax to spill over?
I sit mine in a basket on some towels (mainly to keep warm) in the boot, fingers crossed nothing has spilled so far... What wax do yo use?

Yeah ive got a hive heater too. I think its happening when im angling it onto my mega full boot :-(

Ah yes that might do it... :)
Have you thought about rollers? I'm testing some roller wax from Outback Organics this week if the post is nice to me and delivers! :) I don't like the hive waxes I have to say so am hoping these are good or I'll be getting shot of my roller system lol but if wax spillage is a problem for you then it might be a system worth looking into? :)

I have 2...a hive and phd wax. I only keep hive half full and both wax are kept in plastic box on a flat surface in boot. I usually place other equipment round it to secure it more but find that putting both wax equipment in one plastic box ensures it doesnt move

Put it in the footwell of your car or strap it into the passengers seat. It can't go anywhere if it's strapped in! I also tend to make sure the lid won't come off at all...x

I'm not mobile but I have a friend who is and she bought a large cool box her wax pots go into it with towels packed around the pots and on top, this keeps it still and keeps it warm she used to put that in the boot with a couple of bungee cords stretched around it and hooked into the frame of the boot.
That worked well but someone else suggested puting it onto the front seat of the car sitting on a childs booster seat with the seat belt wrapped around it. And that's what she does now.

I strap mine in the car seat with the seat belt and it has never moved :)

It's not just you, gosh I had this problem so many times when I did mobile waxing! Used to spend ages when I got home cleaning the wax which had run down the sides of my heater - what a mess! I used to put my heater in a box and pad it with towels etc and put in passenger footwell and that was fine, other tip is carry the box in on it's own - worst spillages for me were when I tried to carry too much at a time into the client's house! Also as you say, make sure heater is no more than half full. I did consider rollers and cartridges but trialled a similar system and had problems with them cooling down, so ended up sticking with my heater.
:)

I too had this problem when mobile. I also did what the others did. Place in a box/ basket and strap it in with the seatbelt! Makes clients laugh at how important it is too us. Also another thing I brought some boxes from Next with lids and handles( in packs of 3- various sizes) and find these really good to transport equipment to and from homes. My boxes have been going over 10 years!!!! And they still sell them.

I use roller wax system, love it, no mess at all and I find it so much quicker to do treatments than pot & spatulas

Cover the pot with a good quality cling film, then put the lid on. It won't melt I promise. :)

Latest posts

Back