Advice needed searching beauty therapist jobs please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilditz

Reaction score
hi :), i have just qualified as a Level 3 Beauty Therapist and am looking for advise for where to search for beauty jobs? I have been looking on sites such as salonjobseeker and hairandbeautyjobs and was wondering if anyone could recomend anywhere else to search for vacency's?
I seem to be running into the problem being turned down when applying due to not having enough salon experiance (i have only done a weekly placement for 6 month's in a salon and worked on college clients) and being unable to get a job to get more salon experiance

can anyone recomend any sites or give me tips to point me in the right direction please?

:) thankyou

hi, Well done for qualifying :)
I can't really offer any helpful advice about getting a job except to say in the meantime keep trying to do 'work experience' or voluntary work in this area while ur looking as it looks good on ur cv, fills gaps and is good experience. plus in the meantime try to do treatments for friends and family ect to build up ur portfolio and experience.

good luck!! :)

The beauty Guild have a job section, then there are places like P&O cruise ships.
I will take exception with your 'only' experience. You have been working on clients for the last year and a half, at your work placement and in the college salon which gives you 18months experience.
So reword your c.v. to reflect that, Our college has client testimonial sheets, have you used those? Those are your references, they show that you have carried out wide ranging treatments in a reasonable space of time to a high standard, that the clients found your work, your attitude and your attention to detail to be good.
You can also look to your local gyms, most of those have beauty therapists renting rooms in them, you could either look to do that yourself and become selfemployed or you could talk to those therapists to see if any of them have openings, even if it's holiday cover, that's all experience that will show on your c.v. that you are flexible and have a can do attitude to your job.
hth x

hi Jigglyb4ll :) thankyou for your advise about volentary work so i dont leave gaps in my c.v i will see if anywhere is interested while i am seaching for a job hopefully this will also get me more salon experiance :)

hi susie h :) i have signed treatment plans for my assesments in college i will transfer these to my portfolio thankyou :), unfortunatly i am unable to do cruise ships as i have 2 small children and dont have the income to set up mobile or self employed, i will have a look at the beauty guild site for their vacencys and try salons about holiday cover

thankyou both for your advise :)

Just to say...don't let having 2 kids and no money put u off starting up mobile, there are a few simple treatments u can offer amongst family and friends that dont cost very much and word of mouth soon get u new clients. That's how I started off :) u don't need to be buying any expensive equipment to begin with.
Might help to do this while u are looking for something more regular x

Clarins take on Beauty Therapists fresh from college they have skin spa's all over the Uk! They send you on extensive training although the training is difficult it's amazing! Very thorough! The interview process is intense too but the benefits are great if you get through! Try online or go into the Clarins skin spa's hand in your cv and people will remember you that way. Hope this helps! :)

hi, thankyou all for your help with advise and suggestions :biggrin:, i am reorgansising my portfolio to include my assesment records and redoing my c.v to use my college and placement as experiance, and will have a look at the clarins site too

thankyou :biggrin:

Spas will often take people out of college as they often have many hours to cover and as they tend to work their therapists to death with massage they often have a quick turnover of staff.So always need fresh blood.

Look on the websites of places you know have spas ie hotels,leisure centres etc and ring them to see if they need staff.They also often hire on a casual or bank basis which may fit in well with your family.

Latest posts

Back