Easy ways to clean wax heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoria-Cotton

Reaction score
Prior to completion of a waxing course, I purchased my first wax heater yesterday.
All was going well, my other half let me wax his back and stomach for practice, but then the difficult bit came... cleaning the heat pot.
I know you can get seperate heat pots, but I was wondering if anyone knows an easy way to clean the heat pot.
I used the equipment cleaner with a cloth and cotton bud for the hard to reach places which took me a good 45 minutes.
Anybody have any tips or am I doomed to this hard laboured scrubbing?
Thanks all
x

Hi, a couple of things worth trying:
It sounds like you used wax equipment cleaner, I use a wax strip for cleaning. Have you tried cleaning the heater while its still warm?, its a lot easier. You could also try the cardboard collars to try to keep the excess wax to the minimum. You'll hopefully find with more practice you should make less mess, especially if you use your scraper bar. Cleaning should take a couple of minutes HTH

As the last poster says, I too discovered how much quicker it is to clean wax pot when it's still on, a couple of minutes - careful not to burn your fingers though! I found couch roll good and strong for cleaning as cotton pads can break up and stick everywhere. Also I use surgical spirit to clean my wax pot as opposed to the equipment cleaner and it works very well :)

I literally put my wax pot on high, & clean with a wax strip. No fluff that way or 'bits' from a tissue.
The heat really helps!
Literally takes seconds & I always do it after each client :)
Just remember to turn back down

Latest posts

Back