Does everyone sheet up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyndseyD

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm about to do my spray tan training on Friday (so excited!) and have spent months researching all the threads on here. One of them states that the overspray from the tan gets everywhere and destroys your room? Some are using Tarpaulin sheets from the ceiling, some are using perspex on walls etc. Is this really necessary for one or two tans a week? My tent has a roof, but will the overspray still be an issue? I really cannot afford to pay for an extractor right now until I make the money back that I paid out for tan training. How does everyone else find the overspray and how do you solve it? The room I use is full of books!! :Scared:

hi hun.
i couldnt work without my extractor the spray gets to the back of your throat and you need to think about the comfort of your client...something like that could put them off returning in the future. ive never needed to use sheets etc but if you feel better doing that go for it. enjoy your training and good luck with everything xx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

I'm pretty sure you won't NEED an extractor for 1-2 tan's per week just open a window to air the room out a bit. I'm sure extractors are for when you will be quite busy or doing a few in the same place one after the other.

I am mobile, never had any trouble with overspray (touch wood!) I put a large black towel in front of the tent and that's it. I do carry a big sheet of black plastic around with me in my tent bag, to put under the tent but have never felt the need to use it.

The most I've done in one place one after the other was 6. This was in my cousins kitchen last Friday and she said she wiped her kitchen sides down the next day and the cloth was all brown. I did have the window open whilst spraying everyone, but this is a good example of when an extractor should be used. I have not got one as I don't have many requests to spray that number of people in one go, so can't justify buying one just yet.

Im guessing you are not mobile? If you think you will only be doing 1-2 a week I think you would be fine without one x

Latest posts

Back