Help! How long do your SP lashes last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triplej

Reaction score
Just wondering how long your SP lashes last - without top-ups?!
I guess this may be a rant and question all in one.
I was told when training they would last 2/3 months with regular Infills & good home care. Most of my clients go 2-3 weeks for Infills. Never had complaints.
Started self employed in a new salon and I've had a complaint off one lady who says she's had them done elsewhere for 2 years and only ever lost ONE lash in 2 weeks and she said that "all her lashes have fallen out" - when I told her to come in and assessed them she had only actually lost 14 lashes in 2 weeks - to me that's average. it has upset me as she was adamant that that's way too many to lose in 2 weeks.
I also done a new first time lash client a week ago who still said when leaving " okay I'll call you in a month to book a top up"
..... a month? I told her every 2 weeks!
I want to make sure I'm telling my clients the right thing so they haven't got a too high of an expectation with lashes, and also if I'm doing something wrong I want to sort it out but I don't get why it's taken 4 years for a complaint like this if I have been doing them wrong though?!! Thanks xxx

I advise clients every 2-4 weeks. I get them to book in for 3 and see how they feel when they get nearer the time if they need one sooner or can hang on.
I find it all depends on how well they take care of them and their own lashes also.
I do infills by time as I have found this stops people from coming back after 5-6 weeks and expecting a full set almost again. I advise that my infills are 45mins or 30 mins for a mini infill at a cheaper price. It's then down to them.

Xx

I struggle to do infills in less than an hour. I'm very compentant in lashing and can do a really full set in about 1.5/2 hours but I just can't seem to get my time down with infills .

I just get stuck in lash every lash I see and by the time I've finished its over the hour.

I get very good returns on my lashes and as jcb85 says I don't want peeps taking advantage and getting a full set for an infill price particulary if my timings are out.

I was thinking of pricing my infills at £25 @ 2 weeks, £35 @ 3 weeks, £45 @ 4 weeks, what do you think?

Any tips anyone??

I struggle to do infills in less than an hour. I'm very compentant in lashing and can do a really full set in about 1.5/2 hours but I just can't seem to get my time down with infills .

I just get stuck in lash every lash I see and by the time I've finished its over the hour.

I get very good returns on my lashes and as jcb85 says I don't want peeps taking advantage and getting a full set for an infill price particulary if my timings are out.

I was thinking of pricing my infills at £25 @ 2 weeks, £35 @ 3 weeks, £45 @ 4 weeks, what do you think?

Any tips anyone??

I think if you have no problems with time for your full sets but struggle a bit "time wise" on your infills, then to charge by time would be a very good idea.

I just charge for infills, however, I suppose I do kind of do it by time as my infills are 45 mins, if they come with less than 50% of their lashes on, then I charge them for a half set and this may take slightly longer. All clients are advised of this at initial full set, so Yes, I think it would be a good idea for you to charge by time :biggrin:

To the OP, I advise my clients when they come in for a full set, that the initial set will last slightly longer because they are having a complete full set, they usually book their first infill in for about 4 weeks time. After that I tell my clients, dependant on how they look after them, that infills will be every 2 - 3 weeks. I have some clients come every 2 weeks, some every 3 and some every 4, totally depending on their lifestyle, age and how they look after them.

I dont think you are doing anything wrong, especially as you havent had any problems in the last 4 years, just looks like you have come across a "tricky" client :eek:

Have faith in your work and your own capabilities xx

Latest posts

Back