How do you run your tanning parties?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxGirl

Reaction score
Hi all

thinking of branching into tanning parties and wanted to hear from those experienced in this area all your tips and advice.

What are the practical considerations? eg setting up tents/ probs you may encounter

How do you organise it?

On what money basis do you charge? eg do you offer free tan for host

What are the pros and cons?

Just generally would love some feedback

Thank you!

I'm thinking of the following format - party organiser + 5 and the organiser gets tan for free.

Is this best way to do it?

Was wondering when someone makes a booking and you turn up and say theres less what do you do?

Do you have some kind of payment in place beforehand?

Hi all

thinking of branching into tanning parties and wanted to hear from those experienced in this area all your tips and advice.

What are the practical considerations? eg setting up tents/ probs you may encounter

How do you organise it?

On what money basis do you charge? eg do you offer free tan for host

What are the pros and cons?

Just generally would love some feedback

Thank you!

Hiya

Ive only done a couple of parties so not 'experienced' but have some experience :)

Planning is paramount to make sure you run on time, have everything prepared before you go. I normally use black towels in the base of my tent but for tanning parties because you have a stream of girls i use sticky feet (although personally i dont like them) so make up little packs of sticky feet, hair nets and anything else you offer :)

Whilst your setting your kit up get the party to fill out their consultation cards

Try to organise your party into percentages, that way you don't have to keep changing your pots over.. Start with the lightest and work your way along.

I offer to tan the host for free for 4 or more girls and if there are 6 girls or more i offer free cupcakes (my sister has a cupcake business so it also helps to put her business name out there at my tan parties)

Personally i dont see any cons... All of your girls are in one place, so you dont have to travel between girls, you only have to set up and take down your kit once! Its really great fun i would recommend branching out :D

Just remember prepare! X

I'm thinking of the following format - party organiser + 5 and the organiser gets tan for free.

Is this best way to do it?

Was wondering when someone makes a booking and you turn up and say theres less what do you do?

Do you have some kind of payment in place beforehand?

That sounds fine :D

If someone makes a booking i explain from the outset that they only qualify for a discount if the correct number of people are there, if i get there and there arent enough for the deal i just explain that i will have to charge, as long as you explain from the start what your terms are you'll be fine :D

I dont take payment beforehand but with group bookings its certainly something to think about! X

mariposa love the detail you give thank you!

so when you tan someone do you usually set up your tent in bathroom - how do you find this for space?

when you tan them - do you have arranged another room for them to dry in or how do you do it?

love the cupcake idea and way you're cross promoting

yes i think id be raging if turned up and only a few lol but like what you say of charge them more and thats ok if they know in advance and made it clear

mariposa love the detail you give thank you!

so when you tan someone do you usually set up your tent in bathroom - how do you find this for space?

when you tan them - do you have arranged another room for them to dry in or how do you do it?

love the cupcake idea and way you're cross promoting

yes i think id be raging if turned up and only a few lol but like what you say of charge them more and thats ok if they know in advance and made it clear

I ask the host which room they would prefer me to set up in, i usually ask for a room with hard flooring if they say they aren't bothered where i go, just in case! I have insurance but the thought of accidentally spilling or splashing solution on a cream carpet fills me with dread!

I dry my client in the tent, you should only be spraying a fine mist so it dries super quick, i just remove the hose and give them a quick once over before they get out so they can get dressed straight after :)

I find kitchens are better for tanning rather than bathrooms as kitchens tend to be bigger so you can actually move around and have better access to your kit between clients.

HTH X

thank you - yes see what you mean kitchens roomier and good idea getting them dried off immediately

Just a thout but depending how friendly people are would the following be possible.

Ask everyone to bring dressing gowns, get them the get into underwear (disposable or otherwise) then pop on a dressing gown, get the, to apply barrier cream to them selves. Then they're ready and waiting and you can tan, tan, tan! They cA pop them back on afterwards to make sure they're all dry before getting dressed x

I love tanning parties, mainly because I can usually do 4-6 girls in an hour and make loadsa money lol!!

Just make sure u have enough of everything - stickyfeet, caps, and most of all enough solution!! Make sure u have all strengths just in case.

To be honest i used to offer "4 people and host gets hers free" but i have kept my mouth shut about that offer lately and am charging full price (£15 each) - hasnt damaged me one bit!! Bit cheeky but hey!!

Whilst your setting your kit up get the party to fill out their consultation cards

Try to organise your party into percentages, that way you don't have to keep changing your pots over.. Start with the lightest and work your way along.

X

What great tips !! Not doing parties yet as I still have a bit of an overspray problem - but when I do I will remember this - thanks! x

misslatham - lol not cheeky just good business sense!

well re prices i have a staggered pricing structure in salon so as the % gets higher so does the price

my intentions were for mobile tanning to have it set at top price because it involves me going out and about and to be honest im good at the tanning and people will pay it

i just dont want to be going out to do 1 or 2 tans doesnt make sense want to get bigger groups

What great tips !! Not doing parties yet as I still have a bit of an overspray problem - but when I do I will remember this - thanks! x

when you say overspray - what exactly you mean? see if i can help

Just a thout but depending how friendly people are would the following be possible.

Ask everyone to bring dressing gowns, get them the get into underwear (disposable or otherwise) then pop on a dressing gown, get the, to apply barrier cream to them selves. Then they're ready and waiting and you can tan, tan, tan! They cA pop them back on afterwards to make sure they're all dry before getting dressed x

like the convenience and speed of it - but im really meticulous on my tans and i even show them how to apply barrier cream and stay with them as people get carried away with it lols - their dressing gowns would have to be nice and light

like the convenience and speed of it - but im really meticulous on my tans and i even show them how to apply barrier cream and stay with them as people get carried away with it lols - their dressing gowns would have to be nice and light

I apply barrier cream to the clients myself, the one time I let a client apply, it all went a little Pete tong! Haha xxx

when you say overspray - what exactly you mean? see if i can help

Aw, thanks! Firstly, I work from home. Have a pop up tent as you would.

I just find a bit of a tan coloured layer on horizontal surfaces - mainly my window sill and the top of my limestone fireplace - it's not visible after 1 tan although when I dampen a cloth and run it over the surfaces afterwards it's like a dust layer and shows on the cloth

Once I did 4 ladies before a holiday, one after the other, and then I could see a tinge of colour on the window sill, it didn't look white anymore, so this is how I found out I had a problem!

I've turned the gun down and stand closer to the client now (about 6/7" away?) but still a small problem remains.

I was going to offer mobile tanning/parties but don't feel I can till I get this problem sorted.

Thanks for your offer of help and sorry for all the waffle lol x

I apply barrier cream to the clients myself, the one time I let a client apply, it all went a little Pete tong! Haha xxx

lols sooo agree omg when they get it themselves its like they applying suncream

Aw, thanks! Firstly, I work from home. Have a pop up tent as you would.

I just find a bit of a tan coloured layer on horizontal surfaces - mainly my window sill and the top of my limestone fireplace - it's not visible after 1 tan although when I dampen a cloth and run it over the surfaces afterwards it's like a dust layer and shows on the cloth

Once I did 4 ladies before a holiday, one after the other, and then I could see a tinge of colour on the window sill, it didn't look white anymore, so this is how I found out I had a problem!

I've turned the gun down and stand closer to the client now (about 6/7" away?) but still a small problem remains.

I was going to offer mobile tanning/parties but don't feel I can till I get this problem sorted.

Thanks for your offer of help and sorry for all the waffle lol x

I think from what you saying Blossom the tan turns out ok but there is a layer of tan in the room?

Well main thing first of all is a good tan, re the tan in room if its fine layer like you say you have to remember no matter how perfect you spray the tan particles - dont know teachnical words - gases? do float through the air as you are spraying something its like when you spray deoderant you can smell it in other room... lols not great at explaining but what i saying is unless you get an extractor fan? i get this myself but im usually spraying 10+ tans - i keep windows open as id be worried about lungs and eventually will get extractor

I wonder have other geeks who do mobile tanning this problem and what they do?

Latest posts

Back