How soon after giving birth can a client have a bikini wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
As the title says, how soon after giving birth can a client have a bikini wax?

I have recently had two new clients who are 8 months pregnant and have had brazilians. (I was trained by Kim Lawless)

They both want to continue having it done and i mentioned that we would probably have to wait for a little while after the birth. Obviously scar tissue and stitches can be an issue.

I read on a pregnancy site that a lady was advised that she could start having bikini waxes after 3 months and hollywoods 9 months.

Does anyone know how long you should wait or what the actual guidelines are?

Hi!
Sorry i have no experience in waxing but i do have 3 children and saw your thread and was just dying to reply!!!!

After giving birth for about at least 12 months you dont want ANYONE or ANYTHING near that area!!!!!

But in light of that,yes i had a bikini wax when my babies were about 4 weeks old.I didnt find it painful at all probably because id given birth so felt i could deal with anything which is why i had it done quite soon after!!!

Rofl :lick:

Thanks Bek, any and all info helps haha!

I'm not a mum so can't compare, but did have a horrific waxing experience once that left me sitting legs spread out on the bed for about a week telling my other half he'd better not dare touch me, pmsl. It took some guts to get my next wax pmsl xx

Lmao!^^^
How mad that weput ourselves through things like this eh!!
And giving birth not once but 3 bloody times!!!
Im not a good pregnant person,i feel like my bodys been taken over for the whole time.I moan,im sick alot,my feet get sore,i get cankles and generally fat and hot!,yet i did it 3 times.
Take your below wax that had you sat spread eagled for a week!,And i bet you did it again after and still do!!!!

We say women are the stronger sex but i do bloody wonder if i gave my common sense to the men rofl!x

To answer your question, I would say each person is different & has different experiences. I have had clients have waxing done weeks after giving birth & some have waited months.
The woman herself will know when she feels ready to be waxed again.
Hard to give a set time as some women have easy labours whilst some need stitches are sore/swollen, etc.
So I would say to my pregnant clients, once you have had the baby & feel ready to have another wax just let me know & we can book you in - hope that helps x

I think it depends upon whether they had a Caesarian, a vaginal delivery, forceps, tear or episiotomy. Personally, if there were any kind of difficulties during the birth I wouldn't go near them until they had the all clear from the quack, probably 6 weeks.
Waht does your insurance company have to say?

I've just had a c section and have been advised to not wax until my scar stops looking pink, one therapist advised a year - not sure I'm too happy about that!!

Saying that, the thought of someone pulling down there horrifies me at the moment :)

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

I do bikini waxes on myself, have been for years. When I was 9 months pregnant with my fourth child, I injured myself pretty seriously because I couldn't really see what I was doing. After that happened, I swore I was never going to wax again! After 2 months of being a hairy monster, I decided it was time for a wax. I was scared at first, mostly because I thought I would injure myself, but it went well. I would say its different for everyone but I would wait till after your client has her post partum checkup.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Thankyou all for your input.

Lynne, i haven't asked them, but i'll give them a phone on Monday and see what they say. Usually they say to follow the instructions of my training providers, but i wondered if anyone had any specific answers.

I'm more concerned about brazilians and hollywoods than a basic bikini wax. I would avoid waxing anywhere near a caesarian scar for 6 months to a year, but would be happy to wax the rest.

As you have all said, i will go with how the client feels, but i'm a bit concerned about stitches in particular.

I've not had a new mum want much done in the way of bikini waxing, just the basic tidy up so they are neat and can go swimming, etc. I'm just trying to prepare myself xx

I would always say that it's when the client want to be waxed and feels ready to be waxed. Use hot wax rather than strip wax and go easy……….no rip rip rip.

Thanks Kim...for some reason your post didn't show up as unread, so i didn't realise there was another reply xx

Latest posts

Back