What are the pitfalls with offering waxing as a mobile therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm adding to my treatments on offer and want to offer eyebrow waxing to start along side eye tinting and eyelash extensions

Just wondering how difficult it is lugging a wax pot around and how long will it take to set up and heat up etc?

Any items I need to get that make life easier?

I'm thinking of using PR wax euro blonde

Thank you
;-)

im thinking exacly the same thing and i dont know whether it will be easy to lug it about and what kit to buy, was you looking at pot or roller wax? x

im thinking exacly the same thing and i dont know whether it will be easy to lug it about and what kit to buy, was you looking at pot or roller wax? x

Wax pot as I really like the sound of eurobonde

I have loads of kit as it is

What are you thinking about using?

Hi ! I am a mobile waxer and a very busy one too ... If I can I try to always pre- heat my wax slightly but not completely just incase u drive over a bump and it jumps out of the pot. I have plastic box in my car boot where I put my wax pots and pad around them. (don't drive like a maniac though). Always protect the area where you place the wax pot at the clients house maybe with a towel or couch roll .
When I arrive at the house I set my wax pots up 1st so they start heating and then my bed and everything else

Sorry it cut me off short :)

I think the key is be organised and always protect the clients house against wax. X

Rollers have an advantage as they heat up really fast and you can put them in hot water to hurry them up then put the lids back on for travel. Disadvantage it that you couldn't use hot wax.

You could travel with a pot but it takes a lot longer to heat up and there is more of a risk of it spilling in the car. Although, if you got one with a good lid and kept it really clean you could put the lid on the wax then the lid on the wax pot and put it in a box in the car and you can use either hot or warm wax then.

Go with the wax pot, Euroblonde is such an excellent wax and once you're used to transporting them you won't have any problems. Use the PR tins with plastic lids, heat the wax up at home first. Pop on the lid, worst thing that will happen is get some wax on the plastic lid! What kind of bags/trolleys do you use to transport your gear? I use the big wheely toolbox from B&Q and 2 wax pots fit perfectly in the bottom section. They are snug with some space around them to squeeze in the cables.

If you're in a car it will fit in the well behind the front seats and won't fall over. I have a kangoo van and once I've finished my game of tetris it is nicely lodged in with the other bags :D Never had a problem and I'm not always gentle on the roads :o

Go for it, waxing is such a popular treatment. I wouldn't compromise on quality or choice by going with a roller only system. Your intimate waxing clients will love Euroblonde!

Air x

Hi
I have the Hive double digital heater. Its rectangular in shape, i bought a Stanley carry crate with a fold down carry handle (large DIY store) and plenty of outer storage pockets. The heater fits into the crate nicely and i have room for pre and after care lotions, stripes, consult cards and large napkins (instead of towel roll to protect my nylon waxing sheet) as well as an extension lead. Best of all, I plug in heater at clients house (pre heat wax at home) and work out of the crate so no unpacking.

Thank you

Such fab advice will get myself the tool box etc

Which solutions do you like to

Cleanse

Barrier oil Pre waxing

And after lotion?

Do you use witch hazel on eyebrows to soothe after
Or do you know of a great hypoallergenic after lotion for clients who suffer with redness after?

;-)

Aloe Vera gel is great! I'm allergic to loads of after wax solutions which are like torture in comparison to being waxed, this is the only thing that doesn't upset my skin :)

Don't know much about cleanse lotions etc. to use with Euroblonde as I've never used that system. Guess I'd use the ones that Perron Rigot make though as it's their system.

Thanks hun

Do you know what helps with the rash on the top lip after waxing I get that it's awful reaction?
Cheers

I only ever use aloe or aloe with lavender on mine. I usually stay pink for an hourish on my face but this takes any sting away and it never leaves a mark once the pink goes down.

Other after waxes have sent me bright, bright red for days like just wax, wax master... and it it not a good look. Screams 'I usually have a moustache!'

:D

Hi
I have the Hive double digital heater. Its rectangular in shape, i bought a Stanley carry crate with a fold down carry handle (large DIY store) and plenty of outer storage pockets. The heater fits into the crate nicely and i have room for pre and after care lotions, stripes, consult cards and large napkins (instead of towel roll to protect my nylon waxing sheet) as well as an extension lead. Best of all, I plug in heater at clients house (pre heat wax at home) and work out of the crate so no unpacking.

Jackie, any chance you could post a link of the crate you use please, it sounds great.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back