Is semi perm makeup tattooing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
This may sound like a silly question, but is semi perm makeup done by tattooing?

If so, does it feel the same as getting a tattoo or is there a difference?

Thanks
x

Haven't had it done, but I have seen the healing process- it scabs over like a tattoo.

I do think it must be pretty similar. I am guessing the reason its semi - could be becz it isn't as deep as a tattoo (I maybe wrong :)) xx

Yes it is tattooing but no, it isn't as deep. I've had it done & it hurts like a tattoo. I think it was the most painful experience of my life but so worth it!

It isnt as 'deep', so therefore isnt as permanent as a tattoo.
It still hurts, but it (my eyebrows) lasts for about 2.5 - 3 years.
Just choose your therapist very carefully.

x

Iv had my brows done recently and would honestly say that it wasnt anywhere near as sore as my other tattoo. The therapist who did mine used an anaesthetic gel to numb the area so obviously that helped! Mine also didnt scab very much at all! I love them! And agree 100% with the above post choose the therapist wisely!! Xx

in theory, yes, its a tattoo as you are implanting pigment into the skin with a needle.
However it does not go as deep as a conventional tattoo and the pigment molecule sizes are different.
Also the machine we use isnt as powerful as a tattoo gun.

Can I just add that it should not hurt at all. If you are numbed correctly using the correct anasthetic creams it is a pretty pain free procedure.

I have had so many women come to me that have used other technicians and are petrified to get on my bed as they claim it 'hurt like hell' last time.
Every one of them could not believe the difference when i started as they could not feel anything.

I also think its sometimes the inexperience of the technician, as they are probably going too deep into the skin causing it to hurt more than it should.

claire x

I have been looking into sp make up for a while specifically brows.

Can any of you offer advice on what sort of things i should look for when sourcing a good therapist? I live between edinburgh and glasgow in central scotland so can travel to either city or somewhere in the middle. I dont know anyone who has had it done so cant even go on a recommendation. Does anyone know any therapists in this area?

Gutted you are in Bolton BabyElephant!! :-( x

in theory, yes, its a tattoo as you are implanting pigment into the skin with a needle.
However it does not go as deep as a conventional tattoo and the pigment molecule sizes are different.
Also the machine we use isnt as powerful as a tattoo gun.

Can I just add that it should not hurt at all. If you are numbed correctly using the correct anasthetic creams it is a pretty pain free procedure.

I have had so many women come to me that have used other technicians and are petrified to get on my bed as they claim it 'hurt like hell' last time.
Every one of them could not believe the difference when i started as they could not feel anything.

I also think its sometimes the inexperience of the technician, as they are probably going too deep into the skin causing it to hurt more than it should.

claire x

Thank you so much claire.
I was starting to feel deflated when I read the earlier posts saying it 'hurts like hell' as I really want to get it done.
Now I know my choice of therapist is imperative so will make sure I choose the right one.

Thanks again x

I have been looking into sp make up for a while specifically brows.

Can any of you offer advice on what sort of things i should look for when sourcing a good therapist? I live between edinburgh and glasgow in central scotland so can travel to either city or somewhere in the middle. I dont know anyone who has had it done so cant even go on a recommendation. Does anyone know any therapists in this area?

Gutted you are in Bolton BabyElephant!! :-( x

I had my eye brows done, I loved them, it's the only time I've ever had an arch to my brows and if money allowed I would have it done again in a heart beat.
I have seen some real night mare brows, both on the internet and from clients who have come to me for other treatments.
So, what to look for, an artist who mimics natural hair, you will look very strange with a block of colour or a single line, I know I've seen both!
But an artist who uses her gun to place fine short lines, just like brow hair will be able to give you amazing brows.
When looking you want to see the artists work, not generic photo's from the suppliers gallery. You want to see testimonials and you want to be able to contact passed clients to ask them how they felt about the whole experience, just the same as getting a builder in :D
Don't go cheap, there is a reason it costs what it does, it's good training, quality products and experience.
Sorry I can't give you a link, the lady who did mine no longer does them, she makes more money as a tattoo artist down here in Corby.
hth

I had my eye brows done, I loved them, it's the only time I've ever had an arch to my brows and if money allowed I would have it done again in a heart beat.
I have seen some real night mare brows, both on the internet and from clients who have come to me for other treatments.
So, what to look for, an artist who mimics natural hair, you will look very strange with a block of colour or a single line, I know I've seen both!
But an artist who uses her gun to place fine short lines, just like brow hair will be able to give you amazing brows.
When looking you want to see the artists work, not generic photo's from the suppliers gallery. You want to see testimonials and you want to be able to contact passed clients to ask them how they felt about the whole experience, just the same as getting a builder in :D
Don't go cheap, there is a reason it costs what it does, it's good training, quality products and experience.
Sorry I can't give you a link, the lady who did mine no longer does them, she makes more money as a tattoo artist down here in Corby.
hth

Thanks susie!

I am blonde with dark blonde brows and i do them myself with tint monthly and powder for day to day as i like them brown and quite arched. I have seen pics of really fab brows as you say almost a mimic of brow hairs. I just would love to not have to mess about with tint and pencils and powder all the time.

Cheers for advice! Will try to find someone.

Em x

Having my eyebrows is definitely the best thing I have done, I love them so worth it.
No I didn't find it painful either.
Good luck in finding someone good x

I did not feel a thing, Heidi Worman did mine, and now comes into our salon.

She is registered as a BUPA expert, and has been on BBC1 quite a few times, this is all she does, she does no other treatments imo she is the best.

She brought a lady to us from Italy who had just flown in to see her, it says a lot.

xxx

Latest posts

Back