Headache after facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVW

Reaction score
Hi there, has anyone had this problem. I gave a friend a facial on Friday, using Eve Taylor, Balancing products, I also used the facial oil for normal skin for her facial massage. She loved the treatment, but when I saw her on Saturday she said she had had a head ache all day, but did not know if it was due to the facial, and wondered if it had.

I also gave her a very light, short scalp massage (she said years ago she had an Indian Head Massage and it made her feel faint...).

I am wondering if it was the facial oil, I know that I used ylang ylang once in a bath and it gave me a headache, and there is ylang ylang in the oil. But would it really give a headache the next day...? Any advice, thoughts are welcome...:confused:

I tend to feel a bit heady after a facial and I also feel dehydrated so put it down to this, toxins are flushed out during the process so some people can feel a bit groggy, same with normal massage

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

deffinatly sounds as though it could just be all the toxins being flushed out. Just give her a wee reminder just to drink plenty of water after any future treatments, chances are it wasnt you or the products just her bodies natural reaction! xx

Great, thanks guys, I am glad you think this, and not the product..... so far I am loving Eve Taylor. I will remind her to drink more water and suggest it was the toxins releasing. Loving Salon Geek too... A

Dehydration- your stimulating blood circulation and flow of lymph so they need to give the kidneys a helping hand and drink enough water till urine is very light in colour. (probably the best indicator of hydration) could be other things but if headache lasts the full day it definitely sounds like dehydration.

Lindsey x

Defiantly advise to drink plenty of water ;)

I use Eve Taylor also and love their products, so do my customers, in fact most of my customers dump their Skincare range and move onto them. Definitely sounds like dehydration, I sometimes feel headachy after a facial, but drink loads of water throughout the day and feel like new the following!

Latest posts

Back