Has anyone tried Universal Body Contour AND Shrinking Violet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jowo

Reaction score
I really want some help making my mind up on body wraps. If you have tried BOTH Universal Body Contour & Shrinking Violet. How do they compare for results etc. Really be grateful for some input.:confused:

hi i do strict professional inch loss body wraps an i think this "new" body wrap thats come out is a fad cos it does exactly the same as what i use and it saying permenant result but u have to exercise and go on a good diet exactly the same as the after care i give to my clients to keep the inches off i just think there struggling to bring out summit new cos we've had spray tan an garra rufa fish & semi permenant mascara & lashes and vajazzle there having to recycle summit to make the manufactures loads of money in training and products to be sold just like hd eyebrows training a grand and really if you a good eyebrow waxer and use good strenght tint and trim the hair your just doing what they've all paid out to mug ppl off cos what hd eyebrows are priced in the region of £25 to 30 quid eyebrow tint shape/eyebrow wax is what £18 around that price its just to get more money off people who are gulliable enough cos its been endorsed loads. This is just my opinion and don't want to defend sorry if i went off on a ramble abit but just think whos reaping all the money you or the manufacturers!!!

hi i do strict professional inch loss body wraps an i think this "new" body wrap thats come out is a fad cos it does exactly the same as what i use and it saying permenant result but u have to exercise and go on a good diet exactly the same as the after care i give to my clients to keep the inches off i just think there struggling to bring out summit new cos we've had spray tan an garra rufa fish & semi permenant mascara & lashes and vajazzle there having to recycle summit to make the manufactures loads of money in training and products

I take it you are referring to Shrinking Violet being a "fad". Can I just correct a few points here. As you quite rightly say, the procedure is the same and the aftercare the same. The differences are, it is 3 x stronger than anything currently on the market and the Phosphat is suspended in an organic oil rather than a gel. No bandages, no mess, no showering needed, very low start-up.

Shrinking Violet is hand made and hand mixed by a lady called Julieann in Lancashire. We are not some huge manufacturer. We have an organic tan range and a skin/facial range. I am the distributor.

You do NOT have to be trained in Shrinking Violet if you hold a body wrapping certificate. You do NOT have to purchase the aftercare products if you so wish.

It is called healthy competition and the progression of a treatment. We have just brought out our own formula as Julieann knew she could do it better in her opinion. If products didn't move on we would still be painting our faces white with lead !

I apologise to the OP but I could not let inaccurate facts go unchallenged on a public forum.

Last edited:
ME AS A BEAUTY THERAPIST WISH MORE THINGS LIKE SHRINKING VIOLET CAME OUT . I myself live in a place where tons of therapists struggle to earn a crust as sally's day courses saturate the industry , i trained to become a professional and i like to keep a head of the game shall we say.. so when i looked into body wraps, i tried a some out , shrinking violets results far out weighed the others , i won't mention them as it may put some people off. and one of the main factors of shrinking violet for me . was how it was made . its a big selling point for me that a local girl has done bludy brilliant and i now use a lot of tibby oliver products WHY !!! BECAUSE THEY WORK , i have only had 1 lady out of 100that only lost a small amount due to health issues . 6 inches is the least loss and 12 is my biggest loss. i did i lady on friday who has a hectic life style.. kids eating on the go etc... and she had kept off the inches and we took 4 more inches on her second wrap.. now no one can tell me that its a fad.. hollywood waxing was a fad ... ( its my biggest earner ) tattoo cosmetic was a fad >>> also a big earner . minx nails some could say fad .. its also one of my top treatments ... so fad smad who cares as long as it works and clients love it ... and to julienne if you are on here get your cauldron out love .. i need more 100% organic treatments for my lovelies .... xx

ME AS A BEAUTY THERAPIST WISH MORE THINGS LIKE SHRINKING VIOLET CAME OUT . I myself live in a place where tons of therapists struggle to earn a crust as sally's day courses saturate the industry , i trained to become a professional and i like to keep a head of the game shall we say.. so when i looked into body wraps, i tried a some out , shrinking violets results far out weighed the others , i won't mention them as it may put some people off. and one of the main factors of shrinking violet for me . was how it was made . its a big selling point for me that a local girl has done bludy brilliant and i now use a lot of tibby oliver products WHY !!! BECAUSE THEY WORK , i have only had 1 lady out of 100that only lost a small amount due to health issues . 6 inches is the least loss and 12 is my biggest loss. i did i lady on friday who has a hectic life style.. kids eating on the go etc... and she had kept off the inches and we took 4 more inches on her second wrap.. now no one can tell me that its a fad.. hollywood waxing was a fad ... ( its my biggest earner ) tattoo cosmetic was a fad >>> also a big earner . minx nails some could say fad .. its also one of my top treatments ... so fad smad who cares as long as it works and clients love it ... and to julienne if you are on here get your cauldron out love .. i need more 100% organic treatments for my lovelies .... xx

forgot to mention ... therapists are offering a full refund if no loss.... that should tell you in leaps n bounds.. and we marg the measurement area :D

I personally can't comment on shrinking violet but I have used Universal Contour wrap in salon and it is fab because the inch loss is guaranteed. Biggest inch loss I have personally had in just one 2 hour treatment is 18+1/4 inches, on a lady who was a size 14, so it was incredible! And it doesn't come back for at least 30 days because toxins take a long time to build up.

Clients are guaranteed to lose a minimum of 6 inches and my average loss is probably around 10 inches. With a course of 3 most people drop an entire dress size totalling 20-25 inches on average.

Down side to treatment:
  • It is quite labour intensive as you have to wash and roll all the bandages. Not a problem if you ahve a large salon with lots of therapists I suppose.
  • Start up costs are a lot. But probably not more than similar treatments
  • If you only have one room in your salon, then although you ahve an hour spare while the client is 'cooking' you can't see anyone else in that hour. But for bigger salons you obviously can!
Fab points to treatment:

• Training is very thorough and included when you start up for 2 therapists
  • Tiffany is a gem and always happy to answer any questions and help you to promote yourself
  • You appear on their website
  • The treatment sells itself as it is guaranteed to work
HTH x

Last edited:
I think everyone is missing the point that the OP wants to hear the opinions of people who have used both wrap systems x

Yep, I really would like to hear from someone who has used both, to get a proper comparison. Been for a Ultimate wrap today and lost 11", seems very time consuming and messy but if the results are better, that will be the one. Anyone know who offers this in the midlands local to Tamworth/Nuneaton. Do people charge about the same to clients for these treatments, as i am sure that SV must be much quicker?

I am looking into body wraps at the moment, and am going to have a good look at the shrinking violet. Sounds fab!!!!

I started offering shrinking violet into the salon I work in and my wage has doubled since! It's a great product that I feel completely confident will work everytime and my clients are amazed! I love how you do not need showering facilities and how easy to start the shrinking violet wraps up in the salon is. I would definitely recommend getting this product into your salon. I don't think it will be a fad, i know clients ive done are already thinking about events they have coming up to have another one again. I have not used any other wrap products but can safely say unless shrinking violet disappears of the Market I will not be changing my product! Love it!

The op has asked a specific question from people who have used both the Universal Contour and Shrinking Violet wraps. I agree that we should stick to the question itself and only answer if we have actually used both. It can be very frustrating reading through pages and pages of answers that state they either have only used one of these or neither of them.

Having said that I have used both. I used Universal Contour for around 5 years and found it to be a fabulous product. My greatest loss for a client was over 16 inches with a massive loss on the lady's waist measurement. The downside of this treatment is that it is labour intensive with the preparation of the bandages. Very effective treatment that does last for at least a few weeks. The reason I stopped offering this treatment was that I needed spinal surgery and the heater I had was rusting and I knew that I would not be able to continue to offer the treatments after my surgery.

I have recently tried Shrinking Violet. Very different to use but I found the 'Wrappage' tricky to apply as it tends to roll on itself. This may be a matter of getting the tension correct when wrapping. The treatment is pleasant and more relaxing for the client than Universal and the fact that you leave the product on was a plus but I found the inch loss not as impressive as the usual 8 inches I achieved as minimum with the Universal Wrap.

I think both wraps have their place in the industry. Personally if I was offering wraps as a good part of my business and I was in a salon I would invest in the Universal system. For speed and ease or if mobile and not looking for a larger investment then I would maybe choose Shrinking Violet. I need to do a few more to get a better picture really as this is a relatively new product.

To the OP... I think you are wise to ask the question the way you have. No one can compare products without having used both of them. :D

Thank you, I need to find some suitable training as my insurance has said that a body wrap qual will cover me for any brand. I realise that to use UC I need their training.

Thank you for your help:suprised:

Latest posts

Back