1st paid tan, gone a little patchy on legs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samantha11

Reaction score
Hi,

I done my first three paying client on Friday, and I got a phone call on Saturday saying one of the ladies went a little patchy :S

She was my first ladies I sprayed, blowed dried after, while going through aftercare, when I mentioned avoid perspiration, she said she was going through hot flushes just now, could that be part of problem? Do you getting sweaty legs? The other 2 ladies said they turned out ok, but cause am just starting out, am really worried :(

Any advice would be grateful :) xx

With out seeing a picture it's hard to say. It could be down to hormones, especially if she is having flush, sounds menopausal. It could also be down yo pre and post tan care. Try not to worry. Ask for a picture or to see her and hopefully you will get a better idea what the problem is. Remember it's likely to be something the client has or hasn't done. Look out for telltale finger marks and orange hand as she may have rubbed it off in her sleep without realising!

I would ask your client back so that you can see the legs and it should be easy to find out if its application or if she had any problems during the development time.

Arms and legs tend to be the trickiest when you are starting off in spray tanning so make sure you apply the tan evenly around the legs. Once you have finished the tan ask your client to slowly turn around so that you can check everything over again.

Sometimes it can also be the light if you are using a cubicle so make sure you have enough light to see the guide colour going on to make sure all skin is evenly covered and then you should be fine ;o)

Hi,

I done my first three paying client on Friday, and I got a phone call on Saturday saying one of the ladies went a little patchy :S

She was my first ladies I sprayed, blowed dried after, while going through aftercare, when I mentioned avoid perspiration, she said she was going through hot flushes just now, could that be part of problem? Do you getting sweaty legs? The other 2 ladies said they turned out ok, but cause am just starting out, am really worried :(

Any advice would be grateful :) xx

I think this needs to be clarified a bit further so we can help here
when you say patchy do you mean dark or light patches

If dark then either the client hasn't ex foliated properly or you have simply applied to much solution to certain areas...easily done

If light patches then the opposite applies.

There is a huge difference between spray tanning non paying customers and then your first paying customers where nerves come into play and I suspect this is exactly what has happened here.

I think your nerves have simply disrupted your technique

Hopefully through doing some more paying customers your confidence will increase and the tans will turn out fine

HTH and good luck

Latest posts

Back