What are your favourite/most effective massage movements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhona_

Reaction score
As it says in the title really! Whether it's movements you love to receive as a client, or ones you find especially effective as a therapist.

I'm doing a lot of massage these days in my new job, and I'd love some inspiration for different movements as it's all starting to feel a bit too repetitive. I'd especially like to hear your favourite techniques for breaking down tension around the scapula.

Well i used to knead with my fingers over the scapula, but as im getting on a wee bit and aching joints etc! Ive been using my fist instead.

I turn my hand to the side and circle with it all over the scapula putting a slight bit of my weight onto it.. I find its less stressfull to you and the client loves it!

I did a massge on the salon owner ( shes a haidresser ) and she has a lot of pain around her pelvis and buttucks, near the ball and socket.

I used my forearm, and sweepy up towards her bottom, but kneading with it at the same time, she was rocking all over the couch but the tension release was lovely for her!:p

Meant to say, a raking movement over the scapula is great, you criss cross about 12 times so it looks like you are creating a chess board! then you fill in the squrares with pettrisage from lthe left towrard the spine, working in rows,
I hope that makes sense!!

Honeymummy I love this on my butt! Feels amaze balls!

I use my elbows a lot on the upper back, you can get in really deep without damaging your poor hands!

we carry so much tension in our butts thats why! it is a rather large muscle ( in my case it is! )
:p

Latest posts

Back