Tan prep to end?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kim.ro18

Reaction score
Hiya

Im looking in to tanning training, and i want to go with a company that has a reputable name, but also no that has a good product base, I've looked at nova tan, but i see no prep products or after care such as exfoliant or lotions...

Does any now know any companies where all stages are offered? so that my clients get the best overall treatment?

Thanks

Hiya I'm doing exactly the same thing and Nouvatan was what I wanted to go with but for the same reason chose not to which is a shame, think I'm going with St Tropez as they have great prep and moisturiser with loads of good retail products x

I looked at stocking pre and post tanning products but when I told my clients what the RRP prices would be they didn't want to buy them. They knew they could get the same sort of things - exfoliating products etc.. - from supermarkets and places they shopped for cheaper than I would be retailing my products.

Many clients prefer to buy their pre and post tan products from elsewhere so don't let the lack of products from your solution supplier stop you from choosing the best brand.

Personally after looking into things I decided that I wouldn't bother to have my money tied up in stock that might not sell, I would rather just advise my clients of products they can pick up that will do the job.

I looked at stocking pre and post tanning products but when I told my clients what the RRP prices would be they didn't want to buy them. They knew they could get the same sort of things - exfoliating products etc.. - from supermarkets and places they shopped for cheaper than I would be retailing my products.

Many clients prefer to buy their pre and post tan products from elsewhere so don't let the lack of products from your solution supplier stop you from choosing the best brand.

Personally after looking into things I decided that I wouldn't bother to have my money tied up in stock that might not sell, I would rather just advise my clients of products they can pick up that will do the job.

Agree!!

Also completely agree with Baggybear x

I am in love with Suntana!! They do products and even do a mousse in their 4 different shades for retailing!!xx

ok

Thanks

It wash;'t that i was personally wanting to sell the products, but rather offer like a treatment where clients get exfoliated then tanned?....but do you reckon that i should just buy a good exfoliant thats not necessary from the same supplier as my tan?

What is the best tan in your opinion?

ok

Thanks

It wash;'t that i was personally wanting to sell the products, but rather offer like a treatment where clients get ex foliated then tanned?....but do you reckon that i should just buy a good explain thats not necessary from the same supplier as my tan?

Of course you can always go out an buy cheaper retail items to sell on to your customers but to be honest its much more professional to offer retail items branded the same as the solution you are using.

In other words its a bit like buying a MacDonald's double cheese burger and then being sold chips from KFC :eek::lol::lol::hug:

Of course you can always go out an buy cheaper retail items to sell on to your customers but to be honest its much more professional to offer retail items branded the same as the solution you are using.

In other words its a bit like buying a MacDonald's double cheese burger and then being sold chips from KFC :eek::lol::lol::hug:

haha

true, thats what my original question was regarding, as id like to do it all from the same provider, and i know a lot of people are saying that nouvatan is great, but the lack of other products is putting me off, where as fake tan, i know ones with a complete kit that i can get and provide services for my clients.

ok

Thanks

It wash;'t that i was personally wanting to sell the products, but rather offer like a treatment where clients get exfoliated then tanned?....but do you reckon that i should just buy a good exfoliant thats not necessary from the same supplier as my tan?

My clients do all their preparation before I arrive (me being mobile, but they would prep before attending a salon appointment too), my job is to just spray them and ensure they have a fab tan, the rest is up to them.

I want to be in, set up, spray them, pack up & out as quickly as I can while providing a thorough and attentive service, after all, time is money.

IF you were to offer to do the prep for a client I agree that it would need to be quality products you use and so using the same products as your spray tan solution would be good, you wouldn't be earning the profit your supposed to on the products so you would need to ensure you charge enough to cover the cost of all the products that you use and your extra time.
If your not providing the service then I would say to just advise the client where they can get the products needed at a reasonable price. I think clients like the choice to have some aftercare products that match their tan, like a touch up product but they want the freedom to buy different products too so ask your clients what they would be interested in buying and give them the retail prices and see if they would actually buy your products. My clients were honest with me and told me the RRP was too high for them so I didn't waste my money stocking anything.

haha

true, thats what my original question was regarding, as id like to do it all from the same provider, and i know a lot of people are saying that nouvatan is great, but the lack of other products is putting me off, where as fake tan, i know ones with a complete kit that i can get and provide services for my clients.

Sometimes many dont read the posted question properly so answers are all over the place lol

If you are looking for retail products to support the brand your using with the solution there are ,in addition to our own Organics range many out there so well worth spending an hour or so googeling it

Good luck and happy tanning :Love:

Latest posts

Back