Keep calm and carry on spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve@nouvatan

Reaction score
the recent Reporting in the british press about concerns over the inhilation of spray tan solution possibly causing cancer is totally un founded and has no proven scientific basis.
the report simply quotes that DHA in a spray format has not been tested for inhillation purposes and "MAY" have cancer causing effects as cells that were tested from animals that was immersed in DHA changed !! yes they broke down and went went darker its called the mailard effect and thats what gives the colour change in spray tanning
to my knowledge and i have done lots of research since this report was published there has not been one single case of lung cancer linked to DHA inhilation i have included the following information from the report issued by the european commisions scientific commitee for consumer safety it actually states that there is NO RISK TO THE CONSUMER.
.A June 2012 ABC consumer report claimed the main chemical found inside that spray - DHA - is potentially hazardous when inhaled. It was approved in the USA by FDA for external use in 1973 and the FDA has made precautionary recommendations for consumer protection in spray tanning applications. Physicians interviewed in the report expressed safety concerns. The ABC report did not permit a fair opportunity for rebuttal evidence. The European Commission's Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety has issued a comprehensive Opinion on DHA in which after considerable review concluded that spray tanning with DHA solutions did not pose risk to the consumer
DHA is a sugar its basically extracted from sugar beet or raspberrys we have all been smelling it or eating it for thousands of years,
Incidently this scare mongering report was alledgedly commisioned by a USA sunbed company who had been hit hard by the rise in spray tanning and the reduction in sunbed usage

Latest posts

Back