Spray tan-dry skin question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairstudent

Reaction score
Ladies I am after some advice I have a spray tan booked for 5pm as of to ascot on thurs, my skin on my legs is so dry, can I moisturise now and wash it off before I go?

Yes you can as long as you wash it off thoroughly before, your skin needs to be completely clean of products before the tan :)

if your skin is dry there is a good chance there is excess dead skin so I would recommend you put a lot of focus into ex foliating well before applying moisturizer.
Make sure you throughly wash off the moisturizer before the spray tan application...also probably best not to moisturize 24 hrs before just to be on safe side
HTH and good luck I'm sure all will go well

Also be aware of which exfoliators you use, some contain products that actually act as a barrier to the spray tan. Use something natural or check that it isn't oil based or promises to nourish the bejesus out of you.LOL

As Collin says, ideally 24 hrs before a tan for moisturising. Ask the technician if she has those "body polishing wipes" they prep your skin removing traces of moisturiser and natural oils.o you can exfoliate and moisturise then wash it off as best you can about 4 hrs before your tan and then the wipes will hopefully remove any further residue

I wouldn't moiturise if your appointment is at 5 hun - Dry Brush only ! it works wonders :)

I wouldn't moiturise if your appointment is at 5 hun - Dry Brush only ! it works wonders :)

What do you mean by dry brush? x Sorry if i sound a bit thick lol ?? x

Thanks for advice, dry brushing worked and tan looks amazing!! It was a st tropez tan, now to keep it in tip top condition for as long as possible :)

Latest posts

Back