Lashers, advice on semi permanent lashes please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willia61

Reaction score
Hello Lashers :D

I completed my lash course on Thursday and am a few sets in. It isnt getting any easier so i thought i'd browse on here for some hints and tips. There are so many threads to read through i have decided to post my own. Im currently using 0.20, C curl, 8,10 and 12s.

The set i done today were very difficult to do. It appeared the client had curled her lashes, either that or she had very curly, difficult lashes! The glue wasnt bonding to the majority of lashes - it looked like it was sliding down the lash, if that makes sense? It was very frusturating to say the least, but i continued and the lashes looked great afterwards, although it took 3 hours!:grr:

:Look_leftWhy would this happen? what can stop the glue and lash fusing together? oil residue maybe? if so, do you recommend a product i can use on the client before hand to prep the lashes?

My main concern is isolating the lashes, im finding this so hard to do, my hands and arms get tangled, lol. Do you have any hints and tips how i can seperate the lashes? Ive heard about taping some of the lashes? How can I do this?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you xxx

Firstly I would advise you to go back to using j curl lashes while you are training.
Applying c curl is tricky and should only be tackled once you have mastered the isolation and application with j curl.
(c curl in 8 are very curly so this would have made things trickier than need be for a newbie)

You can use a primer prior to application to rid the lashes of any oil residue-personally i dont do this and have never had a problem.

Did you have enough glue on the fake lash? - I know we strive to use only a little swipe of glue, but having not enough is just as bad.

Isolating comes with practice, but yes you can tape some up halfway through. You do this by applying a strip of tape just to the very tips of the applied lashes and push back onto the eyelid.

x

Thank you for your reply :)

Yes I was using a fair bit just to get them to bond. I think I will buy some j curl then, infact I like this curl more (I used to wear j curl and they were gorgeous)

Any other advice would be appreciated

Thanks again xxx

I agree that you should stick to j curls to start and thinner lashes are also easier at the start as well. Which adhesive are you using? It could be that you have too much glue on the lashes which is very common when first starting out, if there is too much glue it takes longer for the glue to dry.
If someone has mad curly lashes then it is often easier to apply either on the side or underneath the natural lash. You should either swipe or I prefer to shimmy the lash (wiggle it onto the lash) then just hold in place until it stays put.
I use a cleanser/primer on lashes before starting. This ensures that all oils are removed before starting.
For isolation it really is mainly about practice to be honest and tricker sets are fab as it make the normal ones seem easy :) if really struggling then you can use micropore tape to either pull lashes up and out of the way, or even just pull the lash back that you want to apply to and then pop the tape lightly onto the other lashes so the lash to want to isolate is on top of the micropore tape (i hope that makes sense) you should in most cases not need this though. I would advise practising isolation every day if you can. Even if on kids/hubby/boyfriend etc as you can practice the isolation without actually having to apply the lashes.

I hope this helps a little for you xx

Hello Lashers :D

I completed my lash course on Thursday and am a few sets in. It isnt getting any easier so i thought i'd browse on here for some hints and tips. There are so many threads to read through i have decided to post my own. Im currently using 0.20, C curl, 8,10 and 12s.

The set i done today were very difficult to do. It appeared the client had curled her lashes, either that or she had very curly, difficult lashes! The glue wasnt bonding to the majority of lashes - it looked like it was sliding down the lash, if that makes sense? It was very frusturating to say the least, but i continued and the lashes looked great afterwards, although it took 3 hours!:grr:

:Look_leftWhy would this happen? what can stop the glue and lash fusing together? oil residue maybe? if so, do you recommend a product i can use on the client before hand to prep the lashes?

My main concern is isolating the lashes, im finding this so hard to do, my hands and arms get tangled, lol. Do you have any hints and tips how i can seperate the lashes? Ive heard about taping some of the lashes? How can I do this?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you xxx
Hi

To be honest, given that you only did your training last week, it really isn't going to get easy that quickly. Lashing takes lots of practice.

As for your questions, I really feel you should call your trainer with a list of all your questions and talk it through with her. After all, that is what you have paid for.

Good luck with lashing, and expect to do about 30 sets before you see an improvement on your speeds and in your confidence. It will come but it takes time!

Latest posts

Back