HD Brows - bad reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea85

Reaction score
I had HD Brows done for the first time on Saturday (not exactly thrilled with them but that's another story!)

For about 48 hours afterwards the area above my brow was very red and a little swollen. Since then it has turned into lots of little spots - around 15 -20 above each brow and some in the centre (slightly higher). Has anyone seent his reaction before? It was the first time I have had facial waxing done so perhaps it is a reaction to this?

I personally have not had HD Brows done, although I understand that they thread/wax that area you have had a reaction to? If so I know one of my client's had a reaction like that when she had threading done on her top lip, she broke out in a lot of mini pus filled spots. She then came to me for waxing and suffered a similar reaction, however we have perservered and now she has no reaction at all to it.

This may possible be that case? Hope its helped x

I personally have not had HD Brows done, although I understand that they thread/wax that area you have had a reaction to? If so I know one of my client's had a reaction like that when she had threading done on her top lip, she broke out in a lot of mini pus filled spots. She then came to me for waxing and suffered a similar reaction, however we have perservered and now she has no reaction at all to it.

This may possible be that case? Hope its helped x

Yes, this sounds like a similar reaction. Good to know that it may not happen infuture, thanks for that x

I do HD Brows and I've not had this happen with a client but it did happen to me when I had mine done.
I had mine done when I did the training and it was above my eyes and was sore for about 3 days.
It was obviously from the threading and the girls at HD said that if I had it in future then I was just to leave the threading out as it obviously didn't suit me.I do have sensitive skin and I'm fine with waxing so I just don't have threading done now.
It was fine after a few days though.

Yes, this sounds like a similar reaction. Good to know that it may not happen infuture, thanks for that x

No problem :) good luck with it in future :) x

I had the same reaction and also wasn't pleased with the hd brows, won't be having that done again x

It has nothing to do with HD brows, it's simply a reaction to waxing or threading. Some people do break out in little spots the first few times they have facial waxing done. They are normally gone in short time.
I get them after I waxed my upper lip, and I have been waxing it for over a year now. I am simply not made for it :) and that might be the case with you as well.

Sounds like u r hyper sensitive to waxing/threading. Maybe try savlon afterwards and keep area clean etc.

Thanks eyeryone. It has been nearly a week now and I still have these spots, it has put me off getting it done again. Think I'll stick to the tweezers from now on!

Latest posts

Back