Lashes client tonight ... need some advice on achieving the 'Glamour' look please :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemberley

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

I have not been lashing very long but I am up to about 30-40 lashes per eye (glue issues, but I have some new Lash FX glue today which I hope will help so working through that...)

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to build the glamour look

The girl I am doing tonight is really lovely, and when I did them Tuesday she said she was happy, but she wears a lot of mascara... So I told her to be honest cos it was a concern and she very sheepishly text me the next day to say they were too natural (which I thought might be the case.) So I am re-doing them for her tonight (free of charge of course...)

I have always done natural lashes because that's what most want and I seem to have mastered those quite well, but she is after a very different glamour look. I have my 14's and 12's with extra thicknesses which I know can help and also isn't there something called 'feathering' is it called??? I hear people mentioning about sticking a lash on another lash... Is this the case or was I in cuckoo land at the time

Any advice at all on how best to use my longer lashes to achieve the most amazing look for this girlie...? she is off to the races Friday and has lots of friends (or in our terms, lots of potential clients!!)

I have learnt so much from your posts already so anymore assistance would be amazing!!!

Thanks soooooo much!!
Gems xxx

I would love to know too iv just done my training but need help deciding how to do different looks wish they did a step by step guide on looks that I could refer to :)

I am doing my lash training in 2 weeks and it would be fab if one of the lovely lash geeks would write a thread similar to the tanning thread that covers lots of common issues and problems in one place, then we could keep it bumped up to the top of the page?
Tinaxx

I am doing my lash training in 2 weeks and it would be fab if one of the lovely lash geeks would write a thread similar to the tanning thread that covers lots of common issues and problems in one place, then we could keep it bumped up to the top of the page?
Tinaxx

That would be a great idea would save lots of threads too!
:)

That would be a great idea would save lots of threads too!
:)

Yep, I love going through all the lash threads but a lot of stuff is repeated again and again...come on lash geeks whos up for the challenge????

As long as her natural lashes are a decent length and not too fine, you will be able to use some 0.25, this will help with a more glam 'full' look, also a 'C' curl. Use your 14's on the outer edges, then do a mixture of 12 and 14 , tapering in to 11 on the inner corners, revert back to 0.20 here. Once you have quite a lot of lashes on use some micropore tape to hold back the lashes you have done, leaving lots of others underneath that you wouldn't normally see, if these lashes are not as long, use 0.20. This will help you with the fuller look, its amazing how many there are when you tape the lashes back. Be sure to put the micropore tape on your had first, to take away some of the 'stickiness'. Hope this helps a little, other geeks will probably have some other advice to. Good luck x

I use D curl and either a full set of 0.15s or a full set on 0.20s. The curl opens the eye up a lot and if you can lash pretty much every lash you get a decent set!

As long as her natural lashes are a decent length and not too fine, you will be able to use some 0.25, this will help with a more glam 'full' look, also a 'C' curl. Use your 14's on the outer edges, then do a mixture of 12 and 14 , tapering in to 11 on the inner corners, revert back to 0.20 here. Once you have quite a lot of lashes on use some micropore tape to hold back the lashes you have done, leaving lots of others underneath that you wouldn't normally see, if these lashes are not as long, use 0.20. This will help you with the fuller look, its amazing how many there are when you tape the lashes back. Be sure to put the micropore tape on your had first, to take away some of the 'stickiness'. Hope this helps a little, other geeks will probably have some other advice to. Good luck x

That's great hun thank you do much. When you tape the lashes you've already done how do you place the tape? Sorry only just trained :-( all new to me do you tape lashes away upwards or just place tape flat on them?

How would you do the lovely flick look that looks full too but more natural but pretty? I'm thinking of using a b curl starting at 0.20 mm using 10 inner eye 11 to 13 then filling in with 0.15 b curl length 9, 10, 12?

Would you say a b curl is used on most and 0.15 width, what do you tend to use on most?

Iv got to practice getting the glue right and placement as I got to much glue on the lashes :-( also found they wouldn't stick think I wasn't holding the lash on long enough plus clients lashes were curled at funny angles.

Are the practice heads any good or would u just practice on friends?

I would love some examples (with before and after pics) of different styles of eyelashes so I can try that look out such as natural flick look or fuller lashes or a pretty natural look and which sizes are used and where placed that would be so useful :)

Just got to grasp getting the lashes on first ;)

Eyelashes are so addictive I can't stop thinking about them since I did my fab training with bonkers with Flirties she was fab
Nenee

Thanks so much for the advice!! I didn't have time to read it last night before my client turned up so i just had a go and they turned out really well... she was so chuffed.

I basically split my lashes in to four sections, starting from the outer corner i went:
12, 14, 12, 10 (these were all c curl 0.25, which now i'm thinking may have been too heavy for the inside :eek:)

I then filled with B curl 11's, also 0.25...

They looked glam but quite natural too... I am so pleased she was happy!! Was a tad nervous. Have attached pics.... It did take me about 3 hours, but I still haven't found the right glue. Probably spent about 1hr 15 picking apart stickies!!! NOT GOOD :irked: New glue hopefully today :)

Hope this helps

Gems xxx

Attachments

• IMG-20120621-00001.jpg
    IMG-20120621-00001.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG-20120621-00002.jpg
    IMG-20120621-00002.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 224
Thanks so much for the advice!! I didn't have time to read it last night before my client turned up so i just had a go and they turned out really well... she was so chuffed.

I basically split my lashes in to four sections, starting from the outer corner i went:
12, 14, 12, 10 (these were all c curl 0.25, which now i'm thinking may have been too heavy for the inside :eek:)

I then filled with B curl 11's, also 0.25...

They looked glam but quite natural too... I am so pleased she was happy!! Was a tad nervous. Have attached pics.... It did take me about 3 hours, but I still haven't found the right glue. Probably spent about 1hr 15 picking apart stickies!!! NOT GOOD :irked: New glue hopefully today :)

Hope this helps

Gems xxx

They look gorgeous! What effect does using the b with the c curl give?
I have problems with the glue I need to practice big time I either use too much and they stuck together or the lash doesn't stick :-(

I don't know any experienced lasher who will agree that using 0.25s is the way to achieve a glamour look.

I am posting less and less as I feel you must all be getting bored with me repeating the same things but here goes...

It is the AMOUNT of lashes that creates the intensity for a glamour look, not the THICKNESS of the individual lashes.

As for feathering (or layering) you can add 2 lashes on top of each other but remember that 2 x 0.10s will put the same weight on a natural lash as one x 0.20.

There's a pic in my album that shows how to tape up lashes but I would point out that the lashes that are taped up must be bonded really well. Otherwise they may just ping off when they are pulled up.

http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=4970&pictureid=47485

agree 100% with elliebee.

to create thickness you need to use more lashes, dont underestimate your 8s and 10s for filling. by doing this as well when it gets closer to their top up appointment when theyve lost a few they will sit better as they have support. it also stops the lashes looking spidery! i generally stick to .20s. the .25s can be very heavy on natural lashes.

I don't know any experienced lasher who will agree that using 0.25s is the way to achieve a glamour look.

I am posting less and less as I feel you must all be getting bored with me repeating the same things but here goes...

It is the AMOUNT of lashes that creates the intensity for a glamour look, not the THICKNESS of the individual lashes.

As for feathering (or layering) you can add 2 lashes on top of each other but remember that 2 x 0.10s will put the same weight on a natural lash as one x 0.20.

There's a pic in my album that shows how to tape up lashes but I would point out that the lashes that are taped up must be bonded really well. Otherwise they may just ping off when they are pulled up.

Elliebee, dont stop posting, although a lot of things are repeated, your posts are great and really helpful. I think I will try myself to put all the eyelash posts together in one thread (like the spray tan one).....then hopefully it will cut down on a lot of the repeat threads.
Tinax

Please don't stop posting I love reading threads on lashes and value your advice I just don't want to be a pain asking the samequestions you've answered a hundreds times before cause can't find them in the search tool for some reason :-(

I'd love before and after pics with sizes used and placed that would be so good to learn from. I can't stop thinking about lashes it's so addictive ;-)

Thanks so much elliebee and Evissa.... As I said, I am new and I never got trained on the weights. I will def lower the weight and fill more... It was a glue issue too, lots of stickies meaning that my time was slowed dramatically :(

And thanks nenee, she was pleased. I am feeling a little bad about the use of all 0.25's.. But I will be sure to rectify that when she comes back.

I used B curls just because not all of our lashes are the same curl naturally so I thought it night give depth to the lashes. Was just trying it out really.

I tried the taping method but found that some of the bottom lashes were being pulled up by the lashed ones. I think I had already gone for underneath ones. Need to be a bit more methodical when lashing, which i guess will come with time.

Totally agree with nenee, I read posts from you both all the time and they are sooooo helpful.... Please keep repeating yourself and in the end we might actually drum it into ourselves!!! hahaaaaa :)

Can either of you help with express sets? I really want to learn about them but can't seem to find any info anywhere... :S

Thanks again everyone!!
Gems xxx

Thanks so much to Lisa S and eyespy too... sorry missed your comments...

Again this is all soooo helpful
xx

I tried the taping method but found that some of the bottom lashes were being pulled up by the lashed ones. I think I had already gone for underneath ones. Need to be a bit more methodical when lashing, which i guess will come with time.

There is an easy way to get around this and that is to apply your longer length lashes first. Then, when you are taping up, make sure you only catch the VERY TIPS of the extensions you have applied. Only the extensions will be caught in the tape leaving only natural lashes underneath.

You can then apply your filler lashes to these exposed lashes.

Eg, I may apply a set with 9.10, and 11s. I would apply these first then tape them up and fill the underneath lashes with 8s and 9s. Hope this helps explain.

I have a few new sets booked for next week. I will try to get some pics to explain better

if shes wearing the extensions just for a special occasion then by all mean go all out but for repeat clients I shy away from .25's and if im using 14 lengths i dont go over .15...i use to use thick lashes to create a glamour look but ive seen what they do to clients lashes over time (and not a long time) you can create a beautiful glamour look by varying densities i.e. using different diameters .1's .12's .15's should be sufficient in creating a beautiful set. follow the clients brow line in creating a symetrical set (i.e if your using 9mm from begining of the anchor of the brow until mid anchor, do the same on the other side)

Latest posts

Back