Client has lines in her tan after showering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkfairy

Reaction score
Morning geeks, I sprayed my sister in law last night, she was really nervous as it was her first time having a spray tan.
I sprayed her with Nouvatan, using my usual technique, standing my usual distance away and made sure everywhere was covered.
The guide colour was perfect, although she held her arm against her chest and knocked her legs together so I had to touch it up :/

Anyways, she's super particular and I just knew that she was going to complain, but she text me saying the colour is gorgeous, but after showering there are 'lines in her tan'
I asked her where and she said 'down her arms and legs,'

So she's applied her moisturiser and says its not really bad it's only up close that you can notice, but if there was no problem then she wouldn't of mentioned it. I'm waiting on her sending me a picture of the lines but can anyone suggest anything to help even it out?
I never get complaints with spray tans, everyone's always thrilled the next day so I'm not sure what's happened? x

I've had this before myself when i first started having tans, and I thought it was when I was in the shower I was being really careful not to scrub my tan off, so almost just let the water run down me if that makes sense? I make sure I kind of rub over my arms and legs now making sure I've properly got rid off all the guide tan but without striping my tan off, hope that helps a little x

Hiya, I did wonder about whether all the guide colour had been washed off or not! I'm still waiting on a picture message, I really hope it's not something I've done, but then I didn't do anything different from usual?

Thank you for your reply x

Bet the guide colour has not been washed off fully. I had a client who said the same after standing briefly under the shower and not using shower gel!

Possibly a second shower will resolve this perhaps colour guide not washed off properly. Or its her hair conditioner, this can cause streaks/faint lines on the body when rinsed off. No always but it does occasionally happen. Or her shower products, question those. You can easily touch her up though, ask her round and respray lightly those areas, Have a good look in natural light first of all where the lines are and spray over, will blend it perfectly.
If you are passionate about what you do I know no end of telling you not to worry will help, thats just our make up, but offer any advice/reasoning you can and offer a respray on those areas, you can do no more. There is a high possibility because you have great success 99% of the time, your client may of done something you will never know of. Even sleeping tucked up the duvet wrapped around arms can cause smudging the next day, and she may not even know she has done that! Try not to worry too much :confused:

Bet the guide colour has not been washed off fully. I had a client who said the same after standing briefly under the shower and not using shower gel!
I really hope so as she was so nervous before it and I don't want her to feel disappointed but honestly she finds fault with everything. Thanks guys I appreciate you taking the time to reply :) x

Hi Fabtans, thank you!
I did think of the conditioner, as she washed her hair before she came, even though I told her not to- then I did think about her sleeping habits, maybe she was sweating, etc.
She's going to a wedding this morning so no time to respray. I wish I could see it to try to work it out but the guide colour was perfect, I was meticulous! Ah hate this you always feel rubbish like you're bad at your job lol
Thanks for the support ladies x

I would put my money on it being the guide colour running and not washed off property.

Aww I love you lot ;)
I've heard from all my other ladies that u sprayed last night and they're all happy with theirs, so that's made me feel a bit better x

Well I just spoke to my client and she said its not as noticeable as it was earlier. She said she was scared to wash it too much with the shower gel and that the 'lines' are on the inside of one leg and inside of the opposite arm- so I'm thinking possibly the position she slept in?
Anyway she seems happy with it now, however I'm still annoyed about it lol ah well :) x

Morning geeks, I sprayed my sister in law last night, she was really nervous as it was her first time having a spray tan.
I sprayed her with Nouvatan, using my usual technique, standing my usual distance away and made sure everywhere was covered.
The guide colour was perfect, although she held her arm against her chest and knocked her legs together so I had to touch it up :/

Anyways, she's super particular and I just knew that she was going to complain, but she text me saying the colour is gorgeous, but after showering there are 'lines in her tan'
I asked her where and she said 'down her arms and legs,'

So she's applied her moisturiser and says its not really bad it's only up close that you can notice, but if there was no problem then she wouldn't of mentioned it. I'm waiting on her sending me a picture of the lines but can anyone suggest anything to help even it out?
I never get complaints with spray tans, everyone's always thrilled the next day so I'm not sure what's happened? x

It sounds like you have answered your own question here
you have said she is super particular and also claims its only noticeable close up???
Also you have said she inadvertently held her arm against her chest and knocked her legs together.....

Maybe the answer lies in these statements :hug:

Thanks Collin, I am 98% it's not something that I have done but I just wish I could of seen it in person to be sure.
I think you're right and I'm going to stop worrying now as there's nothing that I can do :)

Thank You to everyone who took the time to reply :) x

Thanks Collin, I am 98% it's not something that I have done but I just wish I could of seen it in person to be sure.
I think you're right and I'm going to stop worrying now as there's nothing that I can do :)

Thank You to everyone who took the time to reply :) x

I would if i were you...sister in laws can be as troublesome as mother in laws...sometimes :eek::eek::lol::hug:

It could well be that she didn't fully wash all the guide colour off, showergel, shampoo or conditioner residue or it could be the seams of her clothes if they are straight-ish lines.

I have had a client or 2 that have worn clothing a bit too tight and the seams have rubbed the solution and left lines that were lighter down the insides of arms and legs. This is the clients fault not yours - so long as you told them to wear loose dark clothing after the tan that is.

Remember all you can do is ensure you spray them well, after that it is their responsibility to take care of their tan as it develops and afterwards.

Hey I found this problem once and it was actually shaving marks! Sometimes people have a quick shave before they get a tan and this can result in having lines on the legs!

xx

I would if i were you...sister in laws can be as troublesome as mother in laws...sometimes :eek::eek::lol::hug:

sometimes???? I'd say always!! Lol x

I too think it may be due to shaving before her tan, possibly with a razor with moisturising strips x

Hi geeks, I did wonder about her shaving using a razor with moisturising strips but due to whereabouts it is on her arm, I don't think it's that.
Baggy she had really loose clothing on but her pyjamas may have had seams that affected her tan, though I did stress to wear loose ones.

I can't wait to see her tomorrow after she's showered again! x

Latest posts

Back