Individual lashes, heaven & hell!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeous Girl

Reaction score
Hello to you all!

I'm a newbee, so be kind!

Having a few issues with Individual lashes. :evil: I trained and have completed five sets since, 3 out of 5 haven't lasted long. As you can imagine, it's taken me hourrrrsssss!
Are they completley people proof? I feel like I need to interview clients to see if they can cut the lash mustard and look after the lashiousness i've given them!

My application technique, I think is getting better all the time and I'm attaching to just one lash (as opposed to first attemp!:irked:)

I have tinted right before applying, could this be the issue? I've used marvel lash Glue and have upgraded to LashbeLong now (£40 lighter) and purchased some finer lashes, I was just using the marvel lash variety pack, nylon, thicker and maybe too heavy???

So to summerise my ramble could tint, aftercare, glue and thickness of individual lash be issue? Also heard to keep glue in fridge????

Please share your wisdom Lash Guru's out there!;)

You wouldnt normally need to keep the adhesive in the fridge, as long as you keep it cool and dark and out of direct sunlight you should get the full shelf life out of it.

There is a few reasons why the lashes might not be lasting....

Are you using primer to give the lashes a good prep?

Do you swipe the extension through the adhesive for a good coat / bond?

Make sure you use the right curl and length to compliment the natural lash curve as different curls make a bond over the whole length virtually impossible.

Are you using a sealer after the application for extra protection?

Have you checked with your clients that they are not using oily make up remover/mascara/eyeliner etc?

Its maybe worth getting your clients or models back to have a look at the lashes to find out what happened, ie they wouldnt normally "fall" off so it might be something the client is doing or you can maybe see where the problem is so that you can find out where things went wrong.

I prefer not to tint immediately before applying lashes as the lashes need to be scrupulously clean for there to be a good bond.

If you have trained with marvel Lash, I believe they do not mention using a primer to clean and dehydrate the lash, is this right?

If so, I think the combination of leaving the smallest bit of tint residue on the lash together with failure to properly prime the lashes may be the biggest part of your problem. Also, I have never used marvel lash glue but, I know from previous comments on here, most techs do not rate it. I have never used LasbeLong so have no idea if this is a good glue or not.

Not all glues benefit from being kept in the fridge either so check with the glue supplier to see what they advise.

Hope this has helped. x

I learnt the hard way, I keep all my glue/ adhesive/semi permanent mascara in the fridge.
Then make sure u give it a really good shake before use x

Latest posts

Back