Gun problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwickham

Reaction score
I qualified in spray tanning back in April, and have the 5008 machine.
All been perfect until yesterday. Halfway through spraying a client no solution was coming out.
I fiddled with the settingd, both dial at the needle point and the numbers, and either nothing or a very heavy stream without even pressing the trigger. I took it apart washed it, all with poor client naked on tent! She was happy to wait, I did check.
I eventually got it working, and finished the spray. I sprayed again that afternoon and evening and all fine.

Until another client just now and same thing again. But I couldn't fix it and just had to spray with fast spray coming out. And its over my blinds as it went off when i was putting it down.

Is it ridiculous to think its the solution? As both these sprays were when i used rapid tan for the first time and not my normal.

I don't have anymore clients until Wednesday but am so worried. I only charged the girls £5 each and probaby used that in waste!! Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

It sounds like it's your gland nut.

There is a clip that Steve@Nouvatan did to show you how to strip the 5008 gun and put it back together and he shows you how to adjust the gland nut too (the gland nut can cause the needle to stick, this stops the trigger from releasing solution or allows the solution to continue spraying after you have let go of the trigger).

Here is the clip, hope it helps:
cleaning and setting up a spray tan gun for a Maximist and TS20 - YouTube

Sorry, its the TS50. Would it be the same problem?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

Here is steve@Nouvatan's clip on striping down and cleaning the TS50

Cleaning helia ts50 spray tanning Gun - YouTube

Hopefully this will help you to ensure you are stripping and cleaning the gun correctly and that in turn will fix the issue you have.

Latest posts

Back