The best lasting odourless eyelash glue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
I'm going round in circles trying to decide which glue to use

I did my training with Flirties glue and the next day had a stuffed up nose

Tried again last night and had the same reaction today

I'm so gutted as spent nearly £400 on kit and training.

I want a odourless sensitve glue that lasts as dont see the point in using a glue if they don't last but don't cause sensitivity

I haven't got money to waste buying different glues as some are charging nearly £3o for a 5 g tube

Iv come across ah Francis how is this one?
:)

In my opinion there is NO long lasting odourless glue.

Sorry to disappoint.

If you find one, please let me know! x

I want a odourless sensitve glue that lasts as dont see the point in using a glue if they don't last but don't cause sensitivity

I haven't got money to waste buying different glues as some are charging nearly £3o for a 5 g tube

Thats a bit strange as this adhesive is specifically developed for sensitive clients. When you say you had a stuffed nose, is that from doing the treatment or were you model? Its obviously impossible to predict that no one is going to react to a product but i havent heard of anyone react to this adhesive so i am just curious.....

I am an allergic type person had to give up going acrylic nails as such a bad reaction can't even go in a room with it now

I did my training on wed had a headache straight after that day then when I woke up had a awful stuffed up nose, applied more lashes last night and today the same a stuffed up nose with a headache

My eyes seem itchy today too ;-(

I am an allergic type person had to give up going acrylic nails as such a bad reaction can't even go in a room with it now

I did my training on wed had a headache straight after that day then when I woke up had a awful stuffed up nose, applied more lashes last night and today the same a stuffed up nose with a headache

My eyes seem itchy today too ;-(

Aww, so sorry to hear! It really does sound like you are extremely sensitive to a range of products which means that many treatments might be a nightmare for you. You must be really unlucky as i have never heard to a reaction to the odour free adhesive and i am not sure there will be anything "milder" than this what you could use but i am happy to send you a sample of the clear adhesive as that might be slighty different for you? :o((

Aww, so sorry to hear! It really does sound like you are extremely sensitive to a range of products which means that many treatments might be a nightmare for you. You must be really unlucky as i have never heard to a reaction to the odour free adhesive and i am not sure there will be anything "milder" than this what you could use but i am happy to send you a sample of the clear adhesive as that might be slighty different for you? :o((

I'm using Flirties glue didn't think it was an odour free glue? Is it ? Just says flirties glue ? Am I being blonde its Flirties black glue?

I'm gutted didn't even cross my mind that a eyelash glue would cause this.

I'm fine with shellac, acetone, eyelash tints etc just can't go near acrylics or gel nails ie brisa :-(

That's so good of you sending a sample is that a odour free glue?

Sorry im new to all of this ;-(

I would send you money for the postage etc

Iv just spent £400 on my kit etc and I'm gutted.

I new I should if done waxing less chemicals :-(

But I really love lashes ;-)

I'm using Flirties glue didn't think it was an odour free glue? Is it ? Just says flirties glue ? Am I being blonde its Flirties black glue?

I'm gutted didn't even cross my mind that a eyelash glue would cause this.

I'm fine with shellac, acetone, eyelash tints etc just can't go near acrylics or gel nails ie brisa :-(

That's so good of you sending a sample is that a odour free glue?

Sorry im new to all of this ;-(

I would send you money for the postage etc

Iv just spent £400 on my kit etc and I'm gutted.

I new I should if done waxing less chemicals :-(

But I really love lashes ;-)

Yes the one that you would have used in your training is the odour and fumefree adhesive - its a bit slower setting than the expert strength and speed but perfect for beginners and sensitive people. I have a funny feeling that you might react to the ingredient which is cyanoacrylate and that is also in the clear one but its worth a try if you want. I will get that sent out on Monday and will keep my fingers crossed as it would be nice if you could do the treatments you like :hug:

I want a odourless sensitive glue that lasts as dont see the point in using a glue if they don't last but don't cause sensitivity

Unfortunately like with all products there is always the possibility that the ingredients might be slightly not to your skins liking and thus a reaction occurs.
In this instance it could well be this but dont let it put you off the procedure as there are many others that just might not react so much as the current one you are using.

Its well worth having a look around and sampling different brands as one may just suit you.

Not the reason but ensure you have adequate ventilation in the work area to draw the fumes away...also some therapists have found that using gel eye pads during treatment seems to reduce reaction to odur.....not specifically a cure but might just make things more comfortable for you

HTH and good luck :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for all your help.

I feel gutted that I'm allergic to something that I love again I'm crossing everything I can find one that suits me

Do they all have the same ingredient?

Here's hoping :-(

I feel gutted that I'm allergic to something that I love again I'm crossing everything I can find one that suits me

no not all glues have the same ingredients

Before you give up on the one your using maybe its just an initial thing ??
Try the gel pads trick and ensure there is plenty of ventilation.

If it persists then maybe its time to try something else...

After all yove paid a lot of money out and you have all the glue and the matching debonder :wink2:

Yes unfortunately the main ingredient in the lash adhesives is very similar if not the same if they are medically approved as the guidelines are very strict but you never know allergies come and go and it might have just been a bad combination of things. I have seen one thread on here of a lady who seemed to react badly when she had done nails before and it was the combination of acrylics and adhesive fumes that caused the problem so you might be "lucky" enough that its just something as simple as that and you dont have to give up lash extensions :hug:

I'm not going to give uP just yet :)

Will have a few days off glue free then try again

If I get the same reaction will try another glue iv had recommendations to try now so cross fingers

Thanks everyone:hug:

Sorry to butt in here and start this thread again, but I too have been getting a reaction with the flirties :(.

I lash everyday and cannot do without my flirties glue. I've just received some face masks which I'm going to try using. Of course while lashing my nose/mouth is so close to my thumb ring that it's no wonder....so hoping that the mask will help.

I'll let u know how I get on with it x

Sorry to butt in here and start this thread again, but I too have been getting a reaction with the flirties :(.

I lash everyday and cannot do without my flirties glue. I've just received some face masks which I'm going to try using. Of course while lashing my nose/mouth is so close to my thumb ring that it's no wonder....so hoping that the mask will help.

I'll let u know how I get on with it x

Why don't you try using a jade stone with foil wrapped round it hun? Apparently that helps the fumes from what I've read on here x

I too suffer terribly with a blocked up nose during and after lashing. I have found that a couple of squirts of a nasal spray (I use Otrivine) works a treat at in blocking my nose. For me its the only thing that helps. Good luck xxxx

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

Iv heard that taking antihistamine tablets and wearing a Chemical mask with the filter on it, (not normal masks as these only prevent dust but let the chemical molecules through so don't work) and wearing goggles as the chemical odour goes through the eyes into the nose area also.

I'm going to try this as my client won't be able to see anyway that I look like I'm about to do an operation ;-)

I know someone who takes antihistamines everyday and has done for 6 years and it's perfectly safe as she's allergic to loads of stuff but is fine with her tablets from the doctor.

Nenee

I've lashed every day sometimes 5/6 sets of lashes a day and never had a problem with the Flirties adhesive. If you have an allergy to cyanoacrylate which is in most lash adhesives will be the issue. The faster setting adhesives contain more fumes so may affect you more you are best to try a sensitive adhesive such as the Flirties original adhesive this is odourless and fume less.

As nenee said try antihistamines and face masks but if you are allergic to the cyanoacrylate Maybe lashing isn't a treatment you can offer unless you find a solution.

I suffer after using Eyelash Emporium glue. I have used both medium & ultra and both give me a reaction. I get a blocked nose half way through, then about an hour or so afterwards, I cant breathe properly and my throat gets itchy & feels like its closing up, then I get a servere cough and then I have hayfever/cold symptoms for a couple of days after.
I have had the window open on warm days and thats helped so much, but I have normal surgical masks i'll try just to see if it helps in anyway. The other masks with the filter on them only last roughly 12 hours and you have to continue buying more I read so may work out expensive...

If anyone else gets any similar reactions id be interested in hearing :o

Callie

Last edited:
Hi ya

I have a blocked bunged up nose and headache but not hay fever symptoms etc well not yet!

Have I tried taking antihistamines the day before and on the day you do the lashes?

Makes me wonder how bad the glue is for our health :-(

Gutted spent a fortune on kit and training and haven't earned a penny. I should of done waxing I'm gutted.

:-(

If you've got time, have a search through some of my old posts.

I have a severe reaction to the glues and have spent a lot of time researching the causes and finding out how you can minimise symptoms.

Lots of discussion on here already about it. No quick fix though I'm afraid

Latest posts

Back