Maxi 5008 vs ts50

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindabop

Reaction score
Need some advice please I have just been offered a second hand maxi 5008 starter tanning kit comes with nearly 4 litres of solution,tent and app cards,record cards etc and lots of disposables.
I was planning a new kit from fresh indulgence, ts50 with 3 litres of solution but not much of any thing else in the kit.
The second hand kit is only £10 dearer than the new kit.
I have read that the new gun on the ts50 is brilliant fr beginners,which I totally am!
So should I stick with my original choice of the ts50 or go with the maxi 5008 kit which has EVERYTHING that'll I need for setting up?
Also I'm unsure about the fresh indulgence tent it loos a bit dark and gloomy inside, like it could be hard to see properly?
Also will the tanning solution go off if it's not been kept properly?
Sorry for the overly long thread!

Ok the 5008 and TS50 have the same base machine with different guns so the machines should last and be capable of tanning plenty of people.

The debate about which gun:
The 5008 gun is easy enough to learn to use as is the TS50 gun.
The both guns will enable you to do the same amount of tans per litre once you have learned to set them to the best place for the solution your using and your speed. I think if you have used neither of them then it won't matter which one you get as you will have to learn to set them whichever one you choose.

Warranty might be something you want to consider - the second hand machine will most likely have little or no warranty cover left but the new machine will have a minimum of a year - I doubt you would need the warranty as the machines are very reliable BUT you should consider it.

How much self life is there on the second hand solution? Will you use this within the time or would having the full shelf life of the new solution be better for you?

As for having the extra's have you priced up how much those extra's would actually cost you? Most tanning accessories can be bought very cheaply so don't let the fact that it seems a better deal fool you - make sure it really would be a better deal by checking what those things would cost you to buy in.

Thank you baggybear,I've read a lot of your comments on other post,your a fountain of knowledge and put things nice and simply so easy to understand,thank you!
I will enquire about the shelf life of the solutions,do they have a use by date?
Also I will price all the extras on eBay!
Do you have any experience of the fresh indulgence tan tent?

Most solution is 12 months unopened and then 6 months from opening.

I don't have any idea of the quality of the fresh indulgence tent but I would think they are ok as many geeks have been buying their kit from there recently as they have a competitively priced kit.

Maybe you could search on here for threads about the fresh indulgence kit and see what is said or find geeks that have had the kit and then PM then to ask their opinion on the tent.

Hi linda i have recently purchased a ts50 starter kit from fresh indulgence after alot of research and im so happy with everything! The machine is great the helia gun is very easy to use im a newbie myself and havnt had any problems so far all my sprays have come out lovely :D the tent that comes with it is really good quality too
Hope this helps xx

Thanks lveaspraytan!
I'm glad you like the kit. How do you find the guide colour? I've read some where that it's not as dark as other solutions,which can making application difficult for newbies?

Latest posts

Back