Is water contaminating solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxelainejxx

Reaction score
Ive noticed one of my 12% solutions has green solution all round the lid? can water cause this, as if i have leftover solution i pour into a jug then back into the bottle - and rinse out the cup and if im doing another tan in a different colour i rinse out the cup give it a shake and refill with new colour - im just worried ive now contaminated the whole lot! x

Spray ran solution goes green when it oxidises, ie when the oxygen gets to it, it's not a problem, you haven't contaminated anything!

When solution is left in the air to long or in sunlight etc it will go green! If its only around the edge of your bottle then it's fine the rest of the solution would only be affected if it was green to xx

Ive noticed one of my 12% solutions has green solution all round the lid? can water cause this, as if i have leftover solution i pour into a jug then back into the bottle - and rinse out the cup and if im doing another tan in a different colour i rinse out the cup give it a shake and refill with new colour - im just worried ive now contaminated the whole lot! x

i suspect its just damp air that has got to the bottle top so simply wipe away with a dry cloth and all will be fine
just remember to always put the lid on tightly after pouring solution
HTH

Will be wear it oxidises. X

Will be wear it oxidises. X

yes so generally nothing to worry about if its just around the lid ...its quiet common thing but just make sure you keep the bottle lid tightly closed as you dont want contamination throughout the solution.
Generally speaking even if contamination occurs its generally still a usable solution as its mainly the colour guide that discolors
HTH

I've merged the two duplicate threads. :)

Latest posts

Back