How to use a wax pot?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautygeek*

Reaction score
hi guys i didnt really want to ask this cos its a bit :o but here goes lol
i am trained in wax treatments (altho the training was extremly poor!) however i have only ever used the roller wax system and use this everyday and am competent with this.
However yesterday i bought myself a wax pot kit (for my own personal use at home only) and it came with a pot of solid warm wax..................my question is do i somehow tip this into the bucket in the wax heater? i have no idea how to use this! please help and hope i dont look extremly daft lol xx

Hiya, I think some people put the pot of wax in the microwave to melt it down and tip it in. Obviously it's too hot at that point to use. I don't have a microwave so I put my wax pot on full heat and balance the pot on top and it melts into the wax bucket. Obviously that one you have to keep more of an eye on. Hope that helps and good luck! X

depending on size heater and pot you may just put pot in heater. i have 500cc heater and the pots just sit straight in it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Put a wooden spatula across the top of your wax heater, turn the pot of wax upside down on top of the heater ; balanced in between the scraper bar and the wooden spatual, which will stop it from tilting or falling off the top of the heater.

Turn your wax heater up high and as it gets warm it will start to melt and drop into the wax heater.

Keep an eye on it if the wax is likely to overspill and when its all melted take a clean spatula and scrape out the remainder of the wax.

Adjust the temperature and let it settle before using.
Hth Jack

thanx guys! :D appreciate all ur help, n thanx malewaxer i will try that xx

Latest posts

Back