Hot wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kim.ro18

Reaction score
Hi

I've read on a lot of posts about hot wax, but i done really know much about it, when i was trained it was with strip wax, and when i worked in a salon we used the same.

But i see a lot of post talking about hot wax being kinder to the skin, and better for bikinis?

Can any one explain the advantages of hot wax, and good training/system to use?

As i know with warm wax, it can sometimes get stuck and hard to remove :(

Also wound't hot wax be more likely to burn a client?

Thanks for your responses in advance :)

Firstly I guess really the names hot and warm wax is actually a little misleading... they're also known as strip wax and non-strip wax - ie one you need a strip of fabric or paper to pull off... the other you don't :)

If you haven't been trained in hot wax I'd really recommend you go on a training or discovery day... I know PR does them and if you live near enough then zozo on here is happy to help too - she's the importer for Berins or Berodin. I'm sure others will do the same but I'm not that familiar with those :)

Hot wax is usually used with a very very thin layer of oil under it - the wax goes on and doesn't stick to the skin but instead shrinkwraps the hairs as it sets - you then "flick" the end and remove without using a paper strip... try looking on youtube - I'm sure there must be videos showing what I am trying to explain :)

Actually Zozo isn't far away from you - she's down south of Reading on the M4 :) Could be worth PMing her or mailing her on her website to see if you can sort something out - she's really lovely :)

Aww thanks..yeah it does get a bit confusing, think i need to learn the correct terms lol :(

TBH i think its bad training no one offered us to learn about hot wax :(

sorry to be a newbie, but how do i contact her?

might just be easiest to send her a message through Berins website :) Welcome to Berins Wax

Her name is Zoe :D

Latest posts

Back