Has anyone ever worked in a Clarins skin spa?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley1

Reaction score
hi,

I have been working in a busy salon for 4 years and I have perfect hours, working mon-fri, 9-5, which I know is very lucky in the beauty industry. My hours are brilliant and i have my weekends free, but im underpaid, and really have got as much out of the job as i can.

I may have the oppurtunity to work for a clarins spa in john lewis, where ill have to get used to working weekends again and most likely 11 hour days which i am very happy to do if working for clarins is going to be more enjoyable and may have more career oppurtunities,

so my question is, if anyone has worked for clarins, is it a good place to work? is it worth giving up my weekends for?

would be very grateful for any advice!! :)

I worked for clarins within boots, and was treated fairly. However, working 9-5 is fantastic. It's not just weekends you'll give up, but working bank holidays, boxing day, New year etc (although you so get extra pay). doing shift work etc. It depends on your lifestyle choice really, I would never go back to working weekends, however I have school children and would never see them otherwise! Clarins has fantastic training and I learnt excellent selling skills from them!! But they are very strict, and you are under constant pressure to exceed targets! Maybe it would be worth chatting with your current employer about under paying you??

I was an account manager for Clarins but not in a skin spa. My salary wasn't great given what was expected of me and I don't know what the pay is like for therapists.

As Juju said you will have to give up your weekends, bank holidays etc and whilst I enjoyed working for them they do expect you to sell, sell, sell!!!

I agree their training is fantastic, and in a large store there are career progression opportunities. So I guess it depends what you want to get out of the job. Excellent training, promotion options and a fantastic brand , then go for it. Money and hours, then I'd think twice.

Last edited:
Its such a hard decision because the only thing keeping me to this job is the hours, and your right i love the fact i get all over christmas off and holidays etc but apart from that im not sure im even enjoying it anymore.

I would love to work for a proper company, where i could work my way higher and could have a great career, but its hard to decide whether i like my social life too much to give it up.

i cant see my manager changing my pay, as ive conversations in the past with her, she pays minimum wage, but i basically manage the place so i just dont think its enough..

Thanks for the advice!

Um you may find that Clarins isn't much, or even any, above minimum wage. My part time counter assistant was on NMW.

ohh really! i just thought as they were a big company, you would be on better pay. im going to have to think hard about all the options..im not really happy where i am but maybe clarins isnt the way to go either :S

Thanks again

Why don't you use your extra time in the evenings/weekends to work for yourself? Maybe do some mobile appointments or set up at home? That way you can boost your income, still be in control of when you want to work and start building a great career for yourself?

Its such a hard decision because the only thing keeping me to this job is the hours, and your right i love the fact i get all over christmas off and holidays etc but apart from that im not sure im even enjoying it anymore.

I would love to work for a proper company, where i could work my way higher and could have a great career, but its hard to decide whether i like my social life too much to give it up.

i cant see my manager changing my pay, as ive conversations in the past with her, she pays minimum wage, but i basically manage the place so i just dont think its enough..

Thanks for the advice!

I went to clarins as I wanted to work for a ' proper' company, hoping to give myself opportunity to progress, but to be honest it was far from this! Like others have said,.the pay ain't great and they work you for every penny of it!! X

yhh i think your right, by the sound of it, clarins might not be all as brilliant as i thought it would be!x

and thanks kate, i think that would be for the best..i would love to have my own salon. that might be something ill look into :) x

You should. You'll reap far more reward from it

Latest posts

Back