Accepting card payments for mobile technicians and small business owners. Yippee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primalashes

Reaction score
Hi Guys, so I am so excited about finally finding a cost effective and super convenient solution for accepting card payments from my eyelash extensions clients. These days, not a lot of people cary cash around or at home so finding a card reader that i could pop into my purse has been on my mind for a while. Seems that I was not the only one thinking this was a problem. There is a new reader on the market called the iZettle, it allows anyone to take card transaction with an iphone or ipad. I made my first transaction on my iZettle today and I am soooo excited and happy with it. If you would like to try it, Have a look on the iZettle website. I even wrote a blog entry about it on my saloon geek blog....lol http://www.salongeek.com/blogs/primalashes/18343-accepting-credit-card-payments-finally.html

I have just started using it but if you have any questions about my experience so far, please let me know. At the moment, they are only testing 3000 users so I thought I would let you guys know quickly just in case you are interested. You need to apply soon and put an interesting and exciting personal statement in your application to convince them. Every thing is free, you only need to pay transaction costs which can of course be added as a convenience fee for the client to cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. This looks good. Got the app, created my account. Now just have to wait and see.
What is your clients reaction for using this? X

It says the cardholder signs by using their finger on the screen? Is this correct? What about CVV requirements - how does this work? In on their site now trying to find out more

And it doesn't seem to be supported by Visa, which is a more popular card...?

What's the charge per transaction? X

Is it me or would asking your client to put there card into this thing sound dodgy? Although its not it does look dodge getting your client to scan there card through your phone? If somebody asked me to do this i would be really hesitant??

i have a black berry :(

Wow. This looks good. Got the app, created my account. Now just have to wait and see.
What is your clients reaction for using this? X

Fingers crossed you will get your device. The client was really please because it looks so cool and professional. I have started using mine on the ipad though because the screen is much easier for the client to sign.

It says the cardholder signs by using their finger on the screen? Is this correct? What about CVV requirements - how does this work? In on their site now trying to find out more

Yes the card holder has to sign on the screen. This of course bothered me but iZettle meet all european credit card security regulations. You are not allowed to use chip and pin on a mobile device that is why they only allow signature. What id did to get around it is take a photo of each person paying my card and attaching it to the transaction. The app allows you to do that. So you will have photographic proof as well as a signatory.

And it doesn't seem to be supported by Visa, which is a more popular card...?

It is such a shame! They are sponsored by mastercard and they also support American express. I do know they are in talks with Visa though. Pretty soon, I am sure they will be supporting visa

Is it me or would asking your client to put there card into this thing sound dodgy? Although its not it does look dodge getting your client to scan there card through your phone? If somebody asked me to do this i would be really hesitant??

Lol, why does it sound doggy to you? You can send them a receipt right after the transaction goes through and they have to sign for the transaction to go through. Also, only credit cards are allowed so the client will be protected my CCA if it is not used properly. I really think it is a win win

Apparently, Paypal is launching a similar product called the paypalhere. Put your name on the waiting list. Why not. They accept visa cards as well

A photo is a good idea due to the chargeback or disputed transaction risk! The risk is probably much lower with a face to face transaction but I would be interested once they can process Visa.... Will def consider PayPal too. Thanks!

Apparently, Paypal is launching a similar product called the paypalhere. Put your name on the waiting list. Why not. They accept visa cards as well

I have registered for that :) x

Come on guys, get with it. Ive been using izettle for a short while, its great. Also I use paypal on my website, which I can access on my iphone too. Paypal takes ALL credit and debit cards, so no problems there.
I also have Pingit with Barclays. You dont even need to have a Barclays account, just download the app and away you go.

Since having the option to take cards, business has increased because people are more willing to spend on their cards rather then having to carry cash.

Ok so we lose a tiny bit on the charges 2.75% etc but getting more business through having card payment systems, makes it all worth while.

Time move on, move with it!!

Latest posts

Back