Bikini bruising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megdav87

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Just wanted to share my horrible horrible experience yesterday.
I had a client in the salon yesterday for a bikini line. She has this done regularly with my boss but she is on holiday so booked in with myself. Well I did everything as normal. Checked I had correct temp, cleansed the area, stretched well getting the client to help me, pulled quickly in the right direction.
Well she came up in a horrible bruise about the size of a 50p. She saw it, I told her to put a cold compress on when she got home and continued to the other side. I was obviously extra specially careful but another small bruise appeared! :-((
She kept saying that it had never happened before which made me feel terrible. Bless her she took it well and didn't make a fuss but I'm concerned she will tell my boss. I think I need to tell her myself? Iv been manning the fort so well for the last two weeks while she's been away. Why did this have to happen!
I am so upset about it and don't know what Iv done wrong. Iv been a therapist for 4 years and worked in this salon for 4 months. Up until this salon Iv always been nervous of bikini lines as I have not done them often to get my confidence up. But since the salon Iv done quite a few and they've been fine.
Now I'm terrified to do one. I've booked a Kim lawless course which I was doing anyway but I'm so scared to do another one in the mean time! Cry!!!

Hi geeks,
Just wanted to share my horrible horrible experience yesterday.
I had a client in the salon yesterday for a bikini line. She has this done regularly with my boss but she is on holiday so booked in with myself. Well I did everything as normal. Checked I had correct temp, cleansed the area, stretched well getting the client to help me, pulled quickly in the right direction.
Well she came up in a horrible bruise about the size of a 50p. She saw it, I told her to put a cold compress on when she got home and continued to the other side. I was obviously extra specially careful but another small bruise appeared! :-((
She kept saying that it had never happened before which made me feel terrible. Bless her she took it well and didn't make a fuss but I'm concerned she will tell my boss. I think I need to tell her myself? Iv been manning the fort so well for the last two weeks while she's been away. Why did this have to happen!
I am so upset about it and don't know what Iv done wrong. Iv been a therapist for 4 years and worked in this salon for 4 months. Up until this salon Iv always been nervous of bikini lines as I have not done them often to get my confidence up. But since the salon Iv done quite a few and they've been fine.
Now I'm terrified to do one. I've booked a Kim lawless course which I was doing anyway but I'm so scared to do another one in the mean time! Cry!!!

Aw don't worry, it will be gone in a couple of days.

She will almost certainly tell your boss so I suggest you tell her when she returns to work.

Don't make too big a deal about it though, either to your boss or in your own mind.

We have all done this before, and I am certain your boss has too.

I am wondering if the bruise is on the bone where the knicker line sits?

This is the area to take care over but not to be frightened of ok and until you become more experienced you should do this area in two smallish sections.

One flat section this side of the bone. One flat section on the other side of the bone. Don't try to go over the curve of the bone.

Although you thought you were pulling the skin tight it sounds as if you pulled the strip in an upward movement instead of back on itself. And then you have a bruise.

Gosh does this make any sense I am wondering???

Once you meet with Kim on your course all will become clear and you will have a better understanding.

Don't dwell on it my lovely, it's not the end of the world.

Good luck on your course.

xxx

Aww Thankyou so much, that's made me feel better!
Yes it was there. I think that was probably what it was. I must have pulled it awkwardly...more upwards than back on itself.
I can't wait for Kim's course now!
I shall tell my boss when she's back and like you say, not make too much of a big deal of it.
I'm going to try not to dwell on it and learn from the experience :-/

Thankyou xxx

I have my bikini done regularly with another therapist and I bruise every single time in the same place - it always goes down in a day or two and I accept it's just one of those things.
:)

Aww Really...my friend told me it happens to her but I thought she was trying to make me feel better. Lol :)

Thanks!

thank you all i did a bikini for a volunteer model and bruised her in that area too and felt rotten she was totally unfazed by it and even wrote me a recommendation on Facebook but i was devastated i think in my case was not enough stretch as position was awkward next time will move them more rather than being too delicat

i love this site so good for reassurance xx
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I get bruises too and so does some of my clients. Don't worry! X

Aww dont be put off too much hunni it happens to us ALL i would tell your boss as soon as she gets back try applying wax and removing wax in smaller sections much easier n less chance of bruising n ensure you r pressing firmly on top of strip to remove all air between skin wax n strip and stretching firmly with other hand below :biggrin: important thing is to accept wats happened and learn and move on it happens to EVERY beauty therapist x

Latest posts

Back