Nails done before or after a tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesC

Reaction score
Would you do a spray tan before or after acrylic nails??? x

I always do the tan after. The products you use on the nails will remove the tan from around the nails.

I always do the tan after. The products you use on the nails will remove the tan from around the nails.

That was what i was thinking Kirsty, thank you. I don't do nails & was asked by a tan client which way round it should be done. You've confirmed what i thought xxx

Same here :) I would do nails then tan :) xxx

If it's gel I do nails first and if it's normal polish tan first. I always put cuticle oil over all nails before a spray tan anyway.

Thanks geeks x

Nails first then tan, the only problem is if someone else is doing the nails the tech must not put moisturisers on the hands afterwards and also not apply the cuticle oil too liberally. ( If I am doing the nails I apply the oils carefully and dont do the mini hand massage with moisturising lotion)The oil wil be a barrier to the tan so I ususally ask my clients to get their nails done a day before the tan or a day after, That way all the creams and oils will be removed before you go to tan them or the tan will fully developed and the nail products shouldn't affect it. Hope this makes sense

nails first then tan and i put oil on the actual nail and wipe off after to stop nail staining xx

Thanks for this feedback guys, the client has now cancelled so no problem to solve anymore - but don't you just hate it when you go to all this trouble & they go & cancel??!!! x

Latest posts

Back