New spray tan idea

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forever Summer

Reaction score
Hi!

I had a little idea last night, and I would like your opinions/thoughts on it.

I am thinking of offering the following in my salon...

""We are now offering free "patch tests" - Come in to our salon and have a small patch spray tanned absolutely free. If you like it, then you can book to come in for a full/half body. If you don't then you walk away with no obligations, having not spent a penny! Why not give it a try!""

Has this been tried before? Good/bad idea?

Many thanks :)

I think that sounds like a really good idea, they can see the colour for themselves, where would you spray? Presume it'd be somewhere out of sight! Xx

I think that sounds like a really good idea, they can see the colour for themselves, where would you spray? Presume it'd be somewhere out of sight! Xx

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking spraying the stomach or the top of the leg. Definitely somewhere out of sight.

I have done this with my clients that are unsure of spray tans. I am mobile, so I do it when doing another treatment so I'm not going out to do just a patch test and so far they have all booked a spray tan :) xxx

I have done this with my clients that are unsure of spray tans. I am mobile, so I do it when doing another treatment so I'm not going out to do just a patch test and so far they have all booked a spray tan :) xxx

I think I will give it a try. Like you mentioned, it is a great idea for those who are unsure of spray tans.

I am confident enough with my products/service that once they have had a patch test, the majority will book in for a full one.

i too have thought of this idea if someone not sure what colour they want - would you have to actually spray it or can you put some on area with cotton wool?

I've just started doing spray tanning mobile I've been wondering how u do a patch test do u take ur machince and literally spray an area? Do u charge for it if ur only going for that reason? I did a patch test on my mum with cotton wool and it was a nightmare it absorbed so much product that I had to drown it in tan and very quickly put some on her skin....surely theres a better way???

Sent from my G690A using SalonGeek

This might not be 100% correct, but I would just spray a small area of the body which is 'out of sight', and do it exactly how you would do a normal spray tan.

i think it could be a good idea, however, i think people associate patch test with a patch behind the ear, so may misinterpret this. how about renaming it to something like "free stomach tan, try before you buy" and also if you do this, i would get a little sticker, a transfer or somethig like that (or even stick a square of cellotape o them) so that they can see the definite line

and to patch test its best to use a cotton bud

i think it could be a good idea, however, i think people associate patch test with a patch behind the ear, so may misinterpret this. how about renaming it to something like "free stomach tan, try before you buy" and also if you do this, i would get a little sticker, a transfer or somethig like that (or even stick a square of cellotape o them) so that they can see the definite line

Thank you for your feedback. I have seen the sellotape idea before, which I liked as it resulted in strong defined lines. I will market it a lot better once I go ahead with it, to prevent any confusion.

With the cotton bud idea, do you just dip the bud into the solution and then apply?

a patch test is a little bit of solution dipped in a cotton bud and placed behind the ear.

Why not use a stencil and spray a small design on them somewhere in plain sight. That would be a good advert for your business as their friends and family will see the color and it wont look weird with a brown stripe or splodge LOL, and they would probably like a little heart or star on their belly or arm or ankle. Just an idea.

Last edited:

Oooh I posted without reading yours, good idea and may I say..... Great Minds obviously think alike:D

Why not use a stencil and spray a small design on them somewhere in plain sight. That would be a good advert for your business as their friends and family will see the color and it wont look wierd with a brown stripe or splodge LOL, and they would probably like a little heart or star on ther belly or arm or ankle. Just an idea.

That is a very good idea. Thank you for that. I will look into it.

You are welcome, how about some pictures so we can see what they come out like and they will probably look good on your Fb page and website

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back