Best types of massage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracymileham

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the best and most popular types of massage are different techniques you have all trained in please x

Can anyone tell me what the best and most popular types of massage are different techniques you have all trained in please x

Hi Tracy,

I trained in hot stones massage and Swedish Massage. Swedish is probably what alot of people want but hot stones is a lovely treatment too and helps us therapist against RSI.
Hope this helps
Helen

There are lots of massage therapies available these days and I guess it depends on your client base and your working location as to the more popular choice.
Therapists that work from a treatment room in a gym or health club would probably find that clients want more swedish, sport or deep tissue massage.

I agree that Swedish and hot stone massage are very popular, but I also find aromatherapy massage treatments a popular choice.

Jack

Suppose it depends why you are asking... Are you wanting to train and wondering where to start? Are you a therapist looking to find the most popular option in the hope to make more money?

Lindsey x

i do swedish ,thai ,aromatherphy and sports massage plus of course lava shell massage my most popular by fair , hope to train in balanese massge to soon , lava shells are so easy to transport if your mobile and are enviromently friendly which is a plus ,the heat helps you get that much deeper in to the muscle its great for therpist and client alike :D

Where will you be learning Balinese massage in going to be doing the lava shell and bambu massage in the next couple of weeks but in opening a spa and I want to offer lots of different types of massage I already do Swedish and lymph drainage but want to do something really different c

I just trained in the Terrake massage and it is GORGEOUS!!! Its a type of aromatherapy massage that uses the treatment worlds Terra Magica, Primordial Waters, Of Air And Light and Luxurious Plant Life.

Before the treatment, you give the client a Sensory Profile that asks them a set of questions about smells, sounds, colours and places. They pick their favourite answers which correspond to a certain treatment world. Each treatment world has 2 different aromatherapy oils for the client to choose from and each treatment world has certain objects to use in the massage after the Terrake hands on massage. For Terra Magica, it is certain massage moves, for Primordial Waters it is Rain Sticks which are 2 sticks with tiny little bowl shapes on the end, for Of Air And Light it is Feathers which are 2 feather type brushes (looks a bit like Dermalogica fan brushes) and for Luxurious Plant Life it is The Liana Ribbon (which is a bit like muslin cloth that you brush across the body).

It sounds like a bit of a weird type of massage but it feels amazing and clients totally love it!!!

Its a lovely massage to do and its less pressure for the therapist as well as you put all your effort into using the objects.

HTH
Leanne
X

I just trained in the Terrake massage and it is GORGEOUS!!! Its a type of aromatherapy massage that uses the treatment worlds Terra Magica, Primordial Waters, Of Air And Light and Luxurious Plant Life.

Before the treatment, you give the client a Sensory Profile that asks them a set of questions about smells, sounds, colours and places. They pick their favourite answers which correspond to a certain treatment world. Each treatment world has 2 different aromatherapy oils for the client to choose from and each treatment world has certain objects to use in the massage after the Terrake hands on massage. For Terra Magica, it is certain massage moves, for Primordial Waters it is Rain Sticks which are 2 sticks with tiny little bowl shapes on the end, for Of Air And Light it is Feathers which are 2 feather type brushes (looks a bit like Dermalogica fan brushes) and for Luxurious Plant Life it is The Liana Ribbon (which is a bit like muslin cloth that you brush across the body).

It sounds like a bit of a weird type of massage but it feels amazing and clients totally love it!!!

Its a lovely massage to do and its less pressure for the therapist as well as you put all your effort into using the objects.

HTH
Leanne
X

Sounds amazing Leanne where did you train in this massage?

It is amazing, such a lovely treatment for a client, I suggest you go get one as soon as!! It was with Stoke Park Club. They are getting rid of their own products and bringing in Thalgo and Terrake and put all the therapists on training and bringing all the new treatments and products in on Monday I believe!

Leanne
X

Latest posts

Back