Prom spray tan help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ela0776

Reaction score
Hi all, any suggestions will be greatfully received.

Have a client who's prom is on Tuesday night. She been wearing a wet suit all day and has wind burn.

Really want to help her out but unsure of what to advise her, she's going pinker by the second and she's wearing a strapless dress so really doesn't want such prominent tan lines. So far I've advised lots of moisturising.

Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say moisturise too & treat it like sunburn. I would also consider not tanning her.

I'm with Inspired on this, i would not tan her. Sorry i've got no better advice x

I agree, wind burn can make your skin ever so dry almost worse than sunburn, also it feels very sensitive. I would probably not tan her as she cant really exfoliate with her skin so sore, meaning that her tan is going to be a bit hit and miss. All I think she can do now is moistureise, use loads of Aloe Vera Gel on all the sore bits and cover herself in a cloud of powder bronzer on the night.

Sorry,

Nope definitely don't tan her! Wind burn is so much like sun burn - the reasons have already been listed but there is every chance that it will flake at best and at worst she could get infections in her skin if it's bad enough (raw) - it's also the same reason we don't tan on new tattoos :)

Best not to tan her! I have recently tanned one person who got caught in the sun and it was only as I was turning her during the tan that I spotted how dry/flakey her skin was on her upper arms and legs. She wanted me to continue tanning even though I told her I was worried about how it would turn out and surprise surprise she came back the next day with a really patchy tan.....horrendous!! Thankfully she knew that it was her own fault and was lovely about it but we had quite a job trying to sort it. Nothing worse than a spray tan combined with peeling flakey skin. HTH xx

Latest posts

Back