Rude client says she won't pay for facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kazzy70

Reaction score
Hi Geeks looking for some advice with a rude client.
She is always rude, and often late and still expects to be seen, now she has booked in for a facial on monday and has said " if I dont like i not pay".
I am now really worried that come tommorrow she is going to have her facial and no matter what i do she is not going to like it, and not be willing to pay.
How should i deal with this?

To be quite honest with you - although I appreciate that business is business - I would have sacked her as soon as she said that she won't pay if she didn't like. You don't need the hassle of wondering if you're having to have to fight for the wage you've earned

Good luck with whatever you decide

x

I would say "you not pay I won't do!" that's a joke! I wouldn't take her. X

There is no way I would treat her. It does sound as if she has decided that she won't be paying for the treatment no matter what you do.
I am baffled by people who do these things without the blink of an eye thinking it's nothing. I would never ever dream of walking into somewhere having a treatment/meal etc getting the bill and saying "yeah I didn't like that so won't be paying today. See you next week"

Oooh people like this make me so angry lol. Keep us updated really interested to know if she pays :)

Well this is where it got a bit delicate, I tried saying to her that perhaps if she wasnt sure if it was for her then maybe she should think about it, or perhaps try somewhere else.
She then got rather angry and caused a scene, and said to me to listen and accused me of being racist because of her nationality. This had nothing to do with it and had never been mentioned, I may add!
So I just booked her in and as she left she said it again about not paying if she didnt like it.
I was quite shocked and didnt know what to do, several clients heard and said she was unreasonable, i just wanted her to go.
Now im so worried for tommorrow. Aaaargh.

If you aren't going to sack her then you need to take payment up front.
If she complains and refuses to pay then do not do the treatment.
If you're lucky, she might go off in a huff and not pay.
This is why you need to be strict with clients in the first place. Once they get used to it then they will keep doing it.
Get yourself a cancellation policy printed up and put on the wall.

Thanks Geeks I have taken all the advice on board and will update as to the outcome 2mrw.
I have cancellation policy along with no shows and lateness up already and printed on price lists!
Thanks again, going to try and sleep now. :D

Thanks Geeks I have taken all the advice on board and will update as to the outcome 2mrw.
I have cancellation policy along with no shows and lateness up already and printed on price lists!
Thanks again, going to try and sleep now. :D

Good luck with tomorrow. Head to bed and don't lose any sleep over it. Client's like that just aren't worth it.

If she does show up on Monday, take payment up-front before her treatment. Make sure you explain exactly what the treatment involves, so she is under no illusions of what to expect, and ensure she signs the treatment plan listing exactly what the facial involves. You may even want to get a witness to also sign the TP in her view and let her know why you are doing this. If she refuses, send her away.

If you do the treatment as per the treatment plan she has agreed, and then she gets "arsy" and wants a refund, tell her you will call the police to get her arrested.

She is not worth the stress. Your clients should book in and be polite, enjoy and then pay for their treatments. Any client not wanting to follow these easy steps is not a client you want to have. Get rid and make way for another nice one :D

This client sounds awful!! If she went to Tescos, bought a joint of meat and said the same thing they would let her walk out of the shop without paying for the meat?? I dont think so!!
I suppose if you're really going to do this treatment for this lady, (!) then perhaps you could ask for half the fee up front to cover your 'time', then if she refuses to pay the rest,or even pay at all then just say 'Im sorry you feel that way..my prices are competitive, and my treatments are good but if you feel you dont like what I offer then perhaps you should find another therapist as I am unable to offer you any further appointments.'

Cant get over some peoples nerve! Let us know how it goes!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

If she refuses to pay, threaten to call the police! Simple! You are offering a professional service that requires paying for. There should be no 'ifs' and 'buts'!!

Good luck :)

This is ridiculous. All you can do is ask for the payment upfront and no payment, no treatment.

What a rude woman.

With people this abrupt it's useful to be clear & direct. Use phrases like

I need you to pay upfront for this treatment.

If I don't like I don't pay - answer that's not how this salon operates, I need you to pay upfront. If you don't wish to, you can leave.

And if necessary - we do not wish to carry out this treatment as you have been rude or refused to pay upfront (whichever).

Thinking long term? You probably don't want her anyway! Don't get thrown off if she uses the racist line chances are she's used it before if she threw it at you so quickly xx

At least if she doesn't pay you have a valid reason to say your not welcome back in the salon could be a blessing in disguise! Good luck x

At least if she doesn't pay you have a valid reason to say your not welcome back in the salon could be a blessing in disguise! Good luck x

I think she already has a good reason not to welcome her back LOL:(

She is not worth the stress. Your clients should book in and be polite, enjoy and then pay for their treatments. Any client not wanting to follow these easy steps is not a client you want to have. Get rid and make way for another nice one :D

Nice and "simples"....completely agree!:D

PB
x

I am struggling to understand why you would continue with this appointment at all.

Take control of your business, call her today and advise her that you set the rules for payment in your salon and you no longer feel comfortable keeping her as a client.

Find the name and number of another salon and provide her with this as your parting shot ... you may not wish to do this but I would not be able to resist lol.

Good luck.

I agree with jacquelineanna - I wouldn't even entertain her appointment now...
You have sufficient reason to bar her from your premises due to her behaviour as far as I am concerned. I would call her and simply say that due to her outburst in the salon on x date you have regretfully made the decision to refuse her treatment today and in future. You're very sorry if this is inconvenient for her however verbal abuse is as unwelcome as physical and she is not welcome in your salon.

If she turns up simply ask her to leave - if she makes a scene call the police to get her removed from the premises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back