Need a lighter tan than 8% Nouvatan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellesBeautyN

Reaction score
Hi

I did an 8% nouvatan on a lady a few weeks ago- she has contacted me to say she would love another tan but felt this was too dark for her!! She does have very pale skin and I didn't see the end result so don't know how dark she actually went! I'm thinking if I do the 8% again but get her to wash it off after 5hours so it hasnt fully developed!

Has anybody tried this or any other ideas??

Xx

Hi

I did an 8% nouvatan on a lady a few weeks ago- she has contacted me to say she would love another tan but felt this was too dark for her!! She does have very pale skin and I didn't see the end result so don't know how dark she actually went! I'm thinking if I do the 8% again but get her to wash it off after 5hours so it hasnt fully developed!

Xx
This could possibly work but could be a bit hit and miss and therefore wouldnt advise it
There are many companies out there that produce a 5% or 6% solution which may be worth trying :wink2:
HTH and good luck

I think washing off a little earlier is a good idea or could you maybe do a lighter spray all over with the 8%? Maybe with the gun a little further back? Xx

nouvatan 8% is too dark for me too, now use fresh indulgence 7% its perfect for pale skins :D

You would be much better off getting a solution that is a lower percentage. I found that washing it off sooner not only affects the out come but the tan also doesn't last more than a few days so the client is paying for less than she should be getting for her money. If you want to try the 8% then ring nouvatan and ask them. They are the ones that designed the product so they will know what you are able to do with it. Let us know what they say as we could all learn from it.

Collin are you hinting as I know tantrick used to do 5% that was lovely?

Hi,
I wear Nouvatans 16% for 1 hr 15 mins...this produces the most gorgeous natural colouring on my skin the equivalent to a 6/7%. Definately not quite as dark as the 8%. I am a brunette but have natural very fair skin.
Over the years and spray tanning daily my skin just seems to colour very dark very quickly with all other strengths, it has changed. So Ive played with the 16% and 20% from Nouvatan and both produce these stunning colours if left on the skin for an hr ish...NO MORE though.
So, if you have 16% you could do this method I feel 100% confident with the final colour and it lasts 5/6 days no problem at all.
Otherwise Fresh Indulgence as mentioned do a 7% but wasnt for me the fade off went patchy. But I know others who love it!

Thanks all for your advice- I dont really want to go down the route of buying in another product as everyone else who has had light has been happy with it! Ok - so I don't have a 16% as nobody so far has wanted darker than 12%! I do have the 20% though for a rapid tan - so this left on for an hour??!

Yes the 20% for one hour only, no more, will give your client a lovely glow, Ive used it that way as well perfect for a slightly lighter shade than 8%.
Do warn your client when she washes it off after one hour she will not looked tanned at all!
Perfectly normal it then continues to develop to the correct shade for a futher 8/12 hours or so, nothing to worry about at all, she will be tanned!

why????
nothing has changed with the range x

Because you don't come on here blowing your own trumpet young man, I was wondering if it had all changed. Tbh, I didn't have a thorough nosey on your site so wasn't sure of the percentages you offer now in that particular range of products ( I did mention you earlier in this thread though and on others if I recall correctly.)

To the OP Tantrick is a very good product and it is a pity you don't want to get a different product in but it is understandable if you would hardly ever use it. Good luck with her next tan

Because you don't come on here blowing your own trumpet young man, I was wondering if it had all changed.

not like some :wink2:
No nothing has changed ,..Tantrick is as it always was and will be although I am looking to rebrand it later this year and bring it more up to date

"young man " indeed :eek::smack::hug::lol:

Thanks all for your advice- I dont really want to go down the route of buying in another product as everyone else who has had light has been happy with it! Ok - so I don't have a 16% as nobody so far has wanted darker than 12%! I do have the 20% though for a rapid tan - so this left on for an hour??!

Why not offer to spray her legs only then she can make up her mind if she wants to go ahead with the full body tan. I did this with one of my very pale clients 2 weeks before she actually wanted it done. She came back and got a full body tan and loved it :) x

not like some :wink2:
No nothing has changed ,..Tantrick is as it always was and will be although I am looking to rebrand it later this year and bring it more up to date

"young man " indeed :eek::smack::hug::lol:

Aaaaw, the pink bikini girl brought me lots of male clients. :lol: It would be a shame to lose her
( I wonder how many guys were disappointed when someone like me turned up when they were hoping for her to pull up in the driveway)

Last edited:
Aaaaw, the pink bikini girl brought me lots of male clients. :lol: It would be a shame to lose her
( I wonder how many guys were disappointed when someone like me turned up when they were hoping for her to pull up in the driveway)

lol dont wory the pink bikini girl will stay....:hug:

Aviva Labs Winter Glow™

This product is specifically designed for fair skinned clients and deploys our proprietary Dermal Delivery technology to stop the clients Keratin being overloaded with DHA - very popular with brides too.

Hi

Xx

Hi

Try Tantrix Natural 6% from www.beautytrix.me Goes on quite dark but the guide washes off to leave a beautiful light tan, perfect for pale skins and brides wanting to glow!

Latest posts

Back